Thread: anyone who has a kreon drive

Thanks

anyone who has a kreon drive

i just bought an external drive flash with the kreon firmware, it looks like it was installed once i plugged it in, said it was ready to use but when i go to "My Computer" to see the drive nothing pops up period just seems to freeze up on me,cnt even jump online, then when i shut it off computer works fine. anyone have any idea on what i might have done wrong. please help going nuts. thanks

i switch the drive to an older computer running windows xp and seems to work ok except the computer being a lilttle slow,could it be vista? and if so how can i get this to work on there? my older computer doesnt have a dl burner so i would have to keep switching between comps and transfer the image to my external hard drive so i can burn on my newer comp,would b a hassle.anyone can help that would be appreciated. also should there be any certain settings when burning using imgburn
    Last edited by xray1977; 01-18-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    have you searched for new drivers for it. and as far as imgburn i burn verbatim 16x dvd-r at 2.4 and have not had a problem yet

Thanks
    seems to be vista,got it running on xp without any problems,i use dvd+r dl for backing up my 360 games.

e39
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy69 View Post
    have you searched for new drivers for it. and as far as imgburn i burn verbatim 16x dvd-r at 2.4 and have not had a problem yet
    DVD-R for 360 games? That would be impossible.

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

~WiiHacks ★WiiWare/VC Guy★ ~

Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing e39....they don't make DL -r discs do they?

And I didn't realize people were still dumping with kreon drives since you can swap out discs on normal dvd drives on a pc now.

Thanks
    dvd-r for wii games dvd+r dl for 360 games, probably just got them confused.and what u mean using normal dvd drives with swapping ? is that for 360 games or wii games and how does that work ?

Thanks
    Tutorial from xbox360iso.com posted by dark_merlin:

This Tutorial SHOULD be really easy to follow, i tried to make it as user friendly as possible.

We begin with what you'll need:
    Software:
    wxRipper
    abgx360
    abgx ini fix (credit goes to m60_maniac for those links)
    CloneCD

Hardware:
    Dual layer dvd drive for burning (or ripping)
    DVD drive (only for ripping)
    XBOX 360 Original Game
    Video DVD >7.6gb

I'm using a regular DVD reader, as i dont have a dual layer burner drive, but i have one in my laptop.

I say DVD over 7.6gb as when i first tried doing this, i got irrepairable CRC errors because of lack of padding when i used a 7.4gb DVD. So, i used a Queen concert dvd I had laying around.

To begin we remove the faceplate from your dvd drive. So to get that little drive face off, stick the paperclick in the emergency eject hole, and simply slide it up to lift it off.

Now we remove the faceplate, there should be a couple of clips you just have to push with your fingernail (or a screwdriver) and it'll slide right off.

NOTE: You may be able to do this without opening your DVD drive, try opening the DVD drive using the emergency eject hole after you hit the stop button if you dont want to open your drive. This did not work for me but people say this works for them, why not try it?

Now flip your drive over and remove the screws holding the top of the drive down.

Be careful after this, as the bottom might fall off, my DVD drive did this. Just simply hold it to the DVD drive, to prevent damage to the components inside

Now we want to lift the top of that DVD drive off. There should be a couple of clips on the sides, just press them in and lift the top off. Mine took a fair but of pulling to come off, so dont be afraid to put some effort into it.

Now you have your DVD drive wide open!

For me, it was rather hard to slide the top off and on, so to keep the cd from coming off of the spindle, i simply used a small bit of yellow tack (exactly the same as blu tack, but yellow) flattened out heaps on the edge of the spindle. This holds it down with a bit of a push.

Hook your dvd drive back into your computer and turn it on, just keep the dvd drive ontop of the computer as so.

Now comes the fun part, ripping your dvd.

Hit the eject button on the DVD player so that the drive slides itself out. Put your dvd in just as you would normally, but because the top is off, once it slides back inside, give the dvd a little push ontop so that it is held down by the tack.

When your drive closes, make sure you quickly press down a little on the inside of the dvd, so that it holds to the blu tack. Otherwise the dvd will come off the spindle when it gets up to speed.

The dvd should begin to spin up and read. Now open wxRipper on your pc

Now hit the magnifying glass button, it will find the 'magic number' and a list of numbers and copy, jump and dummy should appear under it.

Now we need to change that third line 'Copy' to 'Dummy' so that it will rip properly. So go to file and hit 'Save Layout'

Im using a Queen dvd, so i'll save my layout as 'queen'

Now open your layout file with notepad as so.

Notepad should be under the other programs list, but ive used it to open it before =P

Notepad should open and you should see a list. See that 3rd line with a C? We need to change it to a D.

Now go back into wxRipper and hit 'Open Layout', select your layout you just edited.

Notice that the copy is now a dummy.

Now hit the stop drive button, the disc in the drive should stop spinning, and you can remove it and replace it with your xbox game. In this tutorial, im using Halo 3.

Now hit 'Start Drive' to make the disc start spinning.

Now hit the little green arrow button to start the rip, select where you want to put your iso and what to name it. I named mine 'Halo 3'

Now your iso will start ripping! It will go through the different sectors and mark them off as done, when it is done you can simply close wxRipper and eject the disc from your drive.

Now if we need to use abgx360 to inject all the various stealth files into the iso. Make sure you have the ini update for abgx360 installed, as it has the newest stealth files for games.

So open abgx360. Theres a couple of options you need to change. They are highlighted here.

Now select your iso file using the little folder button, then hit launch!

If you have used a dvd with the right amount of space on it, there should be a message saying the size is correct, and the crc will start checking.

After the crc has checked, it should come out ok, but then youre going to see ALOT of errors, dont freak out! This is normal because when using the swap method, you dont get any of the stealth files.

Now it should start auto fixing your file, it will download all the stealth files, and if you've done this all properly, it should say everything is fine!

Yours will have a couple of blue lines as it will download them from the server, i had already ripped halo before, so i already had all the files.

You've just finished ripping your xbox 360 game! Now we move onto burning.

Open up CloneCD and click on the write CD button

Browse for your .DVD file

IMPORTANT: USE THE .DVD FILE, AS IT SETS THE LAYERBREAK FOR THE DVD. IF YOU DO NOT USE THIS THE DVD WILL NOT WORK

Hit next and you will come to your burn options screen. If you havn't inserted your DualLayer DVD, do it now. Set the speed to 2x-2.4x

Now you're ready to burn, hit next and your dvd will start burning!

Mine took about half an hour, as my laptop with my dual layer burner in it does not burn at less than 3x.

When it is done, just close CloneCD and test out your disc in your xbox360!

Congratulations! You just backed up your original xbox 360 disc!

Thanks
    seems like alot, i'll stick with the drive i got that can read them and just burn them with my dl burner. lol

Thanks
    it is more complex, but if people don't have a kreon drive now they don't have to buy one! Who really copies their discs anyway? Most people download everything...including their "backups".