Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Installing Windows on Your Mac

  1. #11
    New Member raidrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    oops not as funny. I confused AVG for Avira.
    If i helped you please click thanks.


    DONATE TODAY LITTLE MAC!

    II. Posting Rules and Guidelines

    1. Posts themselves should be made following additional rules and guidelines:

    a) Before posting your question, use the SEARCH function. Look through the site Tutorials, Guides, and FAQs.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    india,kolkata
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    bootcamp

    hey dudes i tried bootcamping but whenever i click start installation it does not read by disk its dwnloded from the net

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    First post should be in the introductions area.
    We dont really support piracy on wii hacks,
    Which version of Windows have you got and what sp?
    How have you burnt the img to disk?


  4. #14
    New Member raidrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    First post should be in the introductions area.
    We dont really support piracy on wii hacks,
    Which version of Windows have you got and what sp?
    How have you burnt the img to disk?
    +1

    Bootcamp will only allow you to begin an installation from a bootable disk. If you have a copy of windows xp and have lost the key Microsoft will be more than happy to sell you a replacement. it costs about $10. you will need to have your original cd handy so you can give them the product code off the inner most ring of the disk. if the code is damaged or can not be read you can google the correct product code for your cd pretty easily. I'm assuming you tried to copy the i386 folder off of your original legit windows cd and tried to install from hard disk because we don't support piracy in any way.
    If i helped you please click thanks.


    DONATE TODAY LITTLE MAC!

    II. Posting Rules and Guidelines

    1. Posts themselves should be made following additional rules and guidelines:

    a) Before posting your question, use the SEARCH function. Look through the site Tutorials, Guides, and FAQs.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    india,kolkata
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have win xp sp3 it burned in a cd using disk utility burned it twice once named widows xp second time named WXPFPP_EN
    (sorry but its a pirated disk so not hoping for a fix because in my city to find a legit windows xp very tough)

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by saransh View Post
    i have win xp sp3 it burned in a cd using disk utility burned it twice once named widows xp second time named WXPFPP_EN
    (sorry but its a pirated disk so not hoping for a fix because in my city to find a legit windows xp very tough)
    Is it the full version of xp and not just sp3?


  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    india,kolkata
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yup i downloaded it form this site(ill send a pm dont wanna get banned)

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    india,kolkata
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    fyi the mac reads the disk but not bootcamp assisstant

  9. #19
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,895 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    After doing several tests and checks, I'd think it would a good idea to add this to the tutorial:
    - Make sure there is no other monitor plugged into your Mac before installing the BootCamp Drivers.
    - It seems that early Windows 7 (I as well as other users) had problems where Windows just gave you a black screen after rebooting from bootcamp installation. To prevent this from happening, make sure to run Windows Update and update before installing BootCamp drivers!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    After doing several tests and checks, I'd think it would a good idea to add this to the tutorial:
    - Make sure there is no other monitor plugged into your Mac before installing the BootCamp Drivers.
    - It seems that early Windows 7 (I as well as other users) had problems where Windows just gave you a black screen after rebooting from bootcamp installation. To prevent this from happening, make sure to run Windows Update and update before installing BootCamp drivers!
    Done.............


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •