Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: biggest game let down

  1. #1
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts

    biggest game let down

    i was thinking, of all the games that let me down over the years, and i was wondering... what was the biggest game let down for you?

    mine was...
    • Disgaea 2


    so, tell me yours |3

  2. #2
    e39
    e39 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,029
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 187 Posts
    Can't put my finger on just one ...

    Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360) ... I enjoyed GHIII and figured this would be nothing short of a quick, themed, expansion pack. It was, but somehow Activision did it wrong.

    Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure (NES) ... what the heck was this crap?

    Gears of War 2 (360) - Not the actual campaign, the online play. You can punch and shoot through solid walls. Hurray for rushed games.

    Sonic Unleashed (360) - Garbage controls. Also, the coolest part of the games gave the user no movement. It was like you were riding a train on a rail ... you sat there and watched Sonic blow through stages while on auto-pilot

    WiiPlay - Wii Sports proved that minigames can be fun again. Well, WiiPlay destroyed any hopes of a repeat. It's such a garbage title.

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  3. #3
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    Can't put my finger on just one ...

    Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360) ... I enjoyed GHIII and figured this would be nothing short of a quick, themed, expansion pack. It was, but somehow Activision did it wrong.

    Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure (NES) ... what the heck was this crap?

    Gears of War 2 (360) - Not the actual campaign, the online play. You can punch and shoot through solid walls. Hurray for rushed games.

    Sonic Unleashed (360) - Garbage controls. Also, the coolest part of the games gave the user no movement. It was like you were riding a train on a rail ... you sat there and watched Sonic blow through stages while on auto-pilot

    WiiPlay - Wii Sports proved that minigames can be fun again. Well, WiiPlay destroyed any hopes of a repeat. It's such a garbage title.
    hehe

    a few additional coments on above mentioned

    Aerosmith, and all expansions, suffer from the same issues, in my option, every band, has like 3 - 5 songs that are good, usually 1 or 2 make a GH game if any, once you get 18, you get songs that are just bad =\, so you get into the field of only playing the 3 - 5 you like, over the 18 or so in the original game by 18 or so different people

    LoZ 2, i really got nothing else to say xD

    GoW 2, online games, usually get the least attention, because people think, Halo, and Gow, and Cod, sell over the story...
    look at CoD WaW, for the wii, we dont have nazi zombies, and several fun online modes, but we got the full story =\

    Sonic, like ive said many times, would have been good, if sonic was slower, there were more day levels, and none of the mini game day levels, i hated the night stages, more than anything

    wiiplay, is ok, if u consider its a 10 usd game, its not too bad... i think it will suffered the same program, that wii sports 2 will have, their isnt much more to add =\

    since e3 posted reasons ill post mine for Disgaea 2

    • Laharl isnt the main anymore =[ but it was epic when he fought for the main character spot =P
    • some of the endings were just annoying, like if you beat etna on try 2, you get the title "demon overlord" and you get a joke, and the game ends, and you restart....
    • ZAM ZAM ZAM ZAM ZAM ZAM -.- it was ok with dood but zam was just annoying as hell ZAM!
    • Axel wasnt playable till you got the other world
    • you see the other world in the opening video, made earning it anti climatic
    • getting the 2nd world was INSANE all 18 pirate maps, required a minimal of level 5,000+ to get, and took me 19 hours of just trying to get the FINAL map, because it had a like 1:20000 chance of encountering =\
    • Zetta, was too short lived
    • baal was easy =[
    • the rangers were too short lived
    • your title changes based off what you earned, so once i got "bad ass overlord" i lost it at the end of the story twords the end
    • the felony system made leveling too easy =[

    and thats just what i remember xD

  4. #4
    e39
    e39 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,029
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 187 Posts
    I have 70 hours into the PSP Disgaea. I have no clue how people get characters over Level 1,000. : X

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  5. #5
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    I have 70 hours into the PSP Disgaea. I have no clue how people get characters over Level 1,000. : X
    i got 59 into PSP disgaea
    and laharl is level 9999 =P

  6. #6
    e39
    e39 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,029
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 187 Posts
    I don't mean to derail this thread ... but 59 hours with a 9999? wtffff.

    How?! : (

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  7. #7
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    I don't mean to derail this thread ... but 59 hours with a 9999? wtffff.

    How?! : (
    pass the higher enemy bill =P, do that and the levels will go up, ending with people in the 5,000's x3

    go into item world, the last 50 stages have everyone in the 1,000+'s

    Baal is level 4,000
    etc

  8. #8
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 883 Times in 404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    One of the let downs for me was the Metal Gear Solid line, The 1st one on the Playstation was absoleutely awesome, great atmosphere, playability, You couldn't put it down, But then the others sorted of let me down, I guess they thought they'd made an awesome 1st one, No need for really awesome games after that......

  9. #9
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    One of the let downs for me was the Metal Gear Solid line, The 1st one on the Playstation was absoleutely awesome, great atmosphere, playability, You couldn't put it down, But then the others sorted of let me down, I guess they thought they'd made an awesome 1st one, No need for really awesome games after that......
    they decided that movies, over a game for a video game system was the way to go

    thats how its been since 1

  10. #10
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 883 Times in 404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    they decided that movies, over a game for a video game system was the way to go

    thats how its been since 1
    Yeah sucks that they do that sorta crap,


    Still my fondest memory of my ps1 was tekken and hiding in the box in MGS 1 or making the footprints in the snow "huh? WHOS FOOTPRINTS ARE THESE?? "

    Gotta love that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •