Hi I've been surfing for awhile now thought it was time. Softmodded my 4.3 U Wii Using a torrent that I found. Shortly after I found wiihacks life's been good since then.
Hello and welcome to
You joined the right site to learn everything about Wii modding and hacking.
General Warnings: Do not update to 4.3! - Do not listen to youtube hacking tutorials - Do not use Pimp My Wii - Get a NAND backup - Install Priiloader - Use the search function!
There are just a few things you should keep in mind. Be sure that you read the forum rules and understand them. Any discussion about pirated material or cheating will be shut down. Be sure to post in the correct forum section - best suiting the post's content.
Searching and Posting
Before posting it is always good to check if the question has been answered already, the chances are very high. Just give the searchbar a shot - further infos in the Ultimate Searching Guide by emuhack. Keep in mind you can also search within the thread your are currently reading, look above the posts and find "Search Thread" in the grey bar.
Maybe you want to try out this as well:
The Recommended Tutorials and Guides section will be your main source for information.
You might also want to check out the Ultimate Wiihacks Index, the Author Index and the Wii Softmodding - Basics and Beyond to get along the site and get to know some hacking terminology etc .
When you decide to post in the forum, make sure you are posting in the appropriate section of the forum and that you have searched and found no solution. Describe your problem in detail and what you have done before the error occured, provide a syscheck.
Clearly you want to know what is inside your Wii. Track down the Wii's serial No. (sticker on the console's back) and just find it out!
You got one? Go for a softmodding USB loading route.
Go to your wii settings menu and look in the upper right corner and find out which system menu version you currently got installed on your wii. On that you decide which softmod guide to use and hack your wii.
To initially softmod your Wii use one of the following softmod guides. Just choose the guide which you understand the most. If you want to start over and want to get rid of a previous installation, just install new things on top of old. There is no need to delete everything or virginizing your wii. Make sure you install Bootmii get a NAND backup. Install Priiloader and block disc and online updates.
- See the 3.1-4.1 Softmod for Any Wii by Dogeggs.
- Or the SoftMod 3.0-4.2 Wiis Guide by Cile.
- If you updated to the latest system menu (4.3) follow the 4.3 Softmod Guide by mauifrog.
- He has also a Softmod ANY Wii guide which covers hacking of every firmware version of any region.
To load your game backups from a USB hard drive follow the:
There is also a Wii Modchips Section.
Feel free to join the chat to get hints how to mod your Wii or talk about whatever you want (just keep some IRC rules in mind).
Do not miss ourGame Guides
Hot Topics !!!!
section in the forum!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Goldeneye 007
- Metroid: The Other M
- Monster Hunter Tri
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- New Super Mario Bros
- Music Games
- Problematic Games & solution
- CFG Loader (best usb loader, installs your games to hdd)
- Wiiflow (nice usb loader, installs your games to hdd)
- uLoader (can load discs and usb drives, plays wiiware)
- Neogamma (nice disc and usbloader, can only load from cIOS249)
- WiiMC - Wii Media Player (plays almost everything)
- Update Shop Channel to v20 (you get asked for a systemupdate?)
- Wanin and Hermes cIOS as Wads (install a new cIOS on your wii)
- Get a SysCheck
- Blackscreen Troubleshooting
- Play GC Backups
- WiiHacks Blogs
- Member Submitted News
- Recommended Tutorials and Guides
- Ultimate Wiihacks Index
- Author Index
If our site guides and members have helped you in a significant way, feel free to Donate or participate in the WiiHacks Holiday Season Drawing to cover server and bandwidth costs.
Enjoy your stay at WiiHacks.com! Welcome aboard!