Thankyou for this forum. This is a great place for someone who's bought a new wii and know little about hacking. I've already used a number of the guides here and have already:
1. Soft modded my Wii.
2. Linked up an external HDD to play games.
3. Found a number of sites to download games.
4. Troubleshoot games when the black screen appears.
5. Patch games from Japanese to English.
6. Back-up games onto Ext HDD.
7. Informed on what not to do to brick ur Wii.
For each of those things above, i've come across great posts that describes in detail what to do for each situation. I did not have to browse a number of forums. all the information can be found on this forum alone. I have not come across any problems and the advice and instructions have been very clear. I've saved heaps of money and have the opportunity to test run lots and lots of games.
Thankyou so much.
Glad to hear it. Welcome!
Welcome to the community! Members of the community are extremely helpful, and there is information throughout the site on just about every issue you could imagine. Make sure you read ShadowSonic2's Wiihacks Ultimate Index. Here are a few things to help you get going:
1) Read the Rules of the site. They are important and there are consequences to ignoring the rules, not that you would do anything like that.
2) Read the Tutorials and Guides.
3) SEARCH for questions you may have before starting a new thread. If you would like to narrow your search, choose the option on the search page that says "Search Titles Only."
4) The advice on this site is all free, but it does cost money to operate. If you're able it would be greatly appreciated if you DONATE.
It is NOT advised that you update to system menu 4.2 at the moment. Although it can still be modded, it's only reason for existing was to eliminate the homebrew channel.
If you have not softmodded yet, there's an excellent guide by dogeggs for system menu 3.1-4.1 FOUND HERE
And a wonderful guide by messie for system menu 4.2 FOUND HERE
Any other problems can usually easily be found by searching.
Feel free to join us on the IRC!
If you use Chatzilla go here: Chatzilla
If you use mIRC go here: mIRC
Again, welcome to the wiihacks community. We hope you enjoy your stay!