Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Wii Shop Channel

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Wii Shop Channel

    Hello to all. I just have a simple question, that I cant seem to find an answer to, so I would really appreciate someone helping me out.

    I just did a downgrade via this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/faq-guides-t...atutorial.html and everything worked great, so far. Thank you again for the simple guide. But I have been trying to get on Wii Shop Channel, and its telling me to upgrade, that is definitely something I want to stay way from. So here are my questions.

    1. When following the guide, it tells me DO NOT INSTALL the wii shop channel. (Quote: +Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.) Why cant i install it when it asks me to there?
    2. Is there any other way to get the wii shop channel?

    Thanks for all your help so far, and thanks in advance to all.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puertorico1985 View Post
    Hello to all. I just have a simple question, that I cant seem to find an answer to, so I would really appreciate someone helping me out.

    I just did a downgrade via this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/faq-guides-t...atutorial.html and everything worked great, so far. Thank you again for the simple guide. But I have been trying to get on Wii Shop Channel, and its telling me to upgrade, that is definitely something I want to stay way from. So here are my questions.

    1. When following the guide, it tells me DO NOT INSTALL the wii shop channel. (Quote: +Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.) Why cant i install it when it asks me to there?
    2. Is there any other way to get the wii shop channel?

    Thanks for all your help so far, and thanks in advance to all.
    you can install the shop channel with "Install Shop IOS51".
    the guide is wrong about that detail.

  3. #3
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    i wouldnt install that, a lot of people report it doesnt work after, due to poor coding

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    i wouldnt install that, a lot of people report it doesnt work after, due to poor coding
    worked for me.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Thanks for the response guys. I got it to work by downloading the Tona version, and running it thru homebrew. I did exactly what the guide told me to, but I just wanted to use the shop channel, and saw that I said no to it. (didnt pay attention at the time) but just find the Tona version, and install it that way. Tona version worked fine for me.

  6. #6
    Junior Member WiiMeandYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puertorico1985 View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. I got it to work by downloading the Tona version, and running it thru homebrew. I did exactly what the guide told me to, but I just wanted to use the shop channel, and saw that I said no to it. (didnt pay attention at the time) but just find the Tona version, and install it that way. Tona version worked fine for me.
    Where's the Tona version? Thks
    ************************************************** *******************

    Consoles:
    Nintendo Wii: 3.2e, WiiKey2, HBC, Starfall | Sony Playstation 2 | Nintendo DS Lite, Cyclo Evolution Black

    ************************************************** *******************

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •