Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: guitars on fire locking up

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    guitars on fire locking up

    Ok, My history is, Soft modded Wii, so I could teach my younglings to use wiiflow, and save disks (etc)

    now I just found Guitars on fire, and they(Younglings) love guitar Hero, and Me too ^_^ and so I pooped it on the SD card,

    when it loads from THC its shows the menu. and there is a wifi logo in the corner, after a couple of flashes, the whole game locks, and I have to hard reset the wii,

    Can anyone help me with this one ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    How old id your soft mod?

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its an older mod,
    Thats The Problem i guess, I dont know what to try to update, for example, my wiiflow uses my wifi to d/load box covers, but when I looked at priiloader last night, and it asked fro update, I hit the button, and it locked on a "downloading changelog..." screen, had to hard rest,

    I used homebrew browser to look up my cIOS, and lots said Truncha bug, and a few said stub, I would guess I need to update the Stub cIOS' but Im not sure,

  4. #4
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,673
    Thanks
    979
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Post a sys check so we can see wat maybe the problem

    Sent from my iPod touch using WiiHacks
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  5. #5
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiproton View Post
    Its an older mod,
    ,
    Well our most updated guide just recently got updated so it couldnt hurt to re softmod anyhow. Post a system check like peire suggested and we can go from there. there is a link in my signature for that.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is the Syscheck Details:

    sysCheck v2.1.0b6 by Double_A
    ...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

    Region: PAL
    System Menu 4.1E (v450)
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58
    Hollywood v0x11
    Console ID: 71372147
    Boot2 v3
    Found 147 titles.
    Found 41 IOS on this console. 10 of them are stub.

    IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS9 (rev 1034): Trucha Bug
    IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
    IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS12 (rev 526): Trucha Bug
    IOS13 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
    IOS14 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
    IOS15 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
    IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
    IOS17 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
    IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS21 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug
    IOS22 (rev 1294): Trucha Bug
    IOS28 (rev 1807): Trucha Bug
    IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
    IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
    IOS33 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
    IOS34 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
    IOS35 (rev 3088): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
    IOS37 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
    IOS38 (rev 4124): Trucha Bug
    IOS41 (rev 3348): Trucha Bug
    IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
    IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
    IOS53 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
    IOS55 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
    IOS56 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
    IOS57 (rev 5919): Trucha Bug
    IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
    IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
    IOS61 (rev 5661): No Patches
    IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
    IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug
    IOS202[60] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS222[38] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS223[37] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS224[57] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS249[38] (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
    BC v6
    MIOS v10

    Report generated on 2011/03/24.

  7. #7
    New Member jpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    @kaiproton
    all your ios are trucha patched.... you must have used pimp my wii i think.
    re soft mod using one of our guides....http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    if you have a nand backup re install that and then re soft mod with the above linked guide.

    also weird your sys menu ios 60 is a stub....how does the menu run I wonder?
    Sys Menu 4.1U - DriveKey - Bootmii/boot2 - PriiLoader 0.7 - cIOSx d2x-V8

  8. #8
    New Member Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NM, its in the US contrary to popular belief
    Posts
    686
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 185 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpimp View Post
    @kaiproton
    all your ios are trucha patched.... you must have used pimp my wii i think.
    re soft mod using one of our guides....http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    if you have a nand backup re install that and then re soft mod with the above linked guide.

    also weird your sys menu ios 60 is a stub....how does the menu run I wonder?
    pimp my wii stubs IOS 60, and probably applies a SM that uses another ios.
    My Consoles 4.1U Bootmii/Boot2 PSP1001Phat PS3Slim 120gb

    Useful Links:
    Softmod ANY Wii
    Latest Neogamma Channels
    Please hit the thanks button if I help you.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Link For This Useful Post


  10. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, thanks for the advise guys,
    I dont remember anything called Pimp My wii, but that doesnt mean i didnt use it,

    I remember it was a guide posted by someone called Dogeggs(z), and the avatar was diglett from pokemon,
    so, then,

    Restore my Nand from Bootmii, back up, would be a good idea, but... (its not what you think, I did back it up) I had the back up stored on my PC, and the HDD crashed and I lost all my stuff, including all my wii,

    there is hope however, because, at the time , I did 4 or 5 wii softmods for family and friends, at the same time, and I think I wrote the Backups to DVD, it might be in one of the dark recess's of my cave.

    If I cant find my Backup Nand, Can I re-mod using the above softmod guide, and over write what Ive got now?
    Last edited by Kaiproton; 03-26-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: (I Forgot)

  11. #10
    New Member jpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiNkZoR View Post
    pimp my wii stubs IOS 60, and probably applies a SM that uses another ios.
    Makes sense, thanks man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiproton View Post
    Ok, thanks for the advise guys,
    I dont remember anything called Pimp My wii, but that doesnt mean i didnt use it,

    I remember it was a guide posted by someone called Dogeggs(z), and the avatar was diglett from pokemon,
    so, then,

    Restore my Nand from Bootmii, back up, would be a good idea, but... (its not what you think, I did back it up) I had the back up stored on my PC, and the HDD crashed and I lost all my stuff, including all my wii,

    there is hope however, because, at the time , I did 4 or 5 wii softmods for family and friends, at the same time, and I think I wrote the Backups to DVD, it might be in one of the dark recess's of my cave.

    If I cant find my Backup Nand, Can I re-mod using the above softmod guide, and over write what Ive got now?
    In that case I would just remod with this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    Start at Chapter1, Part 3, and go on from there, don't skip any steps.

    Once completed I would go back to Chapter 1, Part 3, again and make a new, good, nand backup and store that in a safe place, and then delete the one I had made prior.

    Good Luck
    Sys Menu 4.1U - DriveKey - Bootmii/boot2 - PriiLoader 0.7 - cIOSx d2x-V8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •