emu_kidid has released the first beta of Swiss, successor to the Gamecube homebrew utility SDboot.
While Swiss is made for Gamecube, it can be booted from the HB channel on the Wii via WiiPowers forwarder .
You will need a SD Gecko, or an IDE-EXI to use this utility.
Swiss for Gamecube
- Load DOL from SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Load GCM/ISO from Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Multi-Game DVD-R support (Cobra/GCOS)
- Multi-Disc support Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Disc Ripping to SD/SDHC/HDD (WIP)
- Region free / Video forcing (WIP)
- Full cheat engine for all games (update it via SD/SDHC)
*HDD features require a IDE-EXI or homemade adapter
**SD features require a SDGecko or homemade adapter
- 480P video mode forcing is Work in Progress - it may not work at all yet!
- Disc dumping is known to corrupt some HDD's - still work in progress!
Wii Swiss Booter
This program searches all storage for the swiss executable and then runs it in gamecube mode. It does require a cMIOS to do this like other gamecube homebrew booters. But this is modified to execute one command MIOS would execute and which is required to reset the drive. Short: Other gamecube homebrew booters may not allow the booted gamecube homebrew to reset the drive, this one does.
- No graphics output at all
- No errors or warnings, it will either work or not
- USB storage might not be working