Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: twilight hack for 3.4 released!

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh and one more thing, i read the post above about downgrading but still dont understand how to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2.
    from what i understand, unless am on 3.2 i cannot install wad manager. is that correct?

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoheb View Post
    oh and one more thing, i read the post above about downgrading but still dont understand how to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2.
    from what i understand, unless am on 3.2 i cannot install wad manager. is that correct?
    Try running my guide. If you want to just get down to 3.2, then you can stop after running the cIOS downgrader. If you want to play with the loader channel then continue till the end of the guide.

    To answer your question though you dont have to be on 3.2 to run wad manager, because it just runs from the homebrew channel so you just have to have Homebrew channel installed. However 3.3v2 and 3.4 both have been fixed to not allow wads to be installed, but if you follow one of the downgrade guides it WILL let you install wads again.

    Hope that helps.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-hacks/71...atutorial.html

  3. #23
    ixc
    ixc is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi All,
    someone could help me?
    I first have 3.3U firmware and ok well with homebrew installation and run homebrew apps, and instasll cISO36 rev. 5 too. I updated game for jap and eur zone, until my News and Forecast Channel are installed for 3 zones, total 6 channel, 2 channel for each zone. But, I can play all games.

    Next, I see waninkoko release a new rev. of cISO, cIOS36 rev. 7. Then I decided to update it by run IOS36 rev. 7 installer. But I got an error below:
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Although I installed cISO rev. 5, that ever worked !! the problem still be the same.
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Then, I think the problem may caused from the old version and new are confilct. Then I decide to remove cIOS rev 5. And install pure cISO rev. 7. But it won't work as well. Althought pure installation for cIOS rev. 5. So.. now.. I can't run any homebrew that require cISO.. such as cISO downgrader.

    I decide to install a new 3.4U, I think it will clear all mem. Then I can install a cIOS again like as a new machine. Then I update my system to 3.4U.

    In 3.4U, I tried to install cISO rev.5 and 7 again.. it still won't work as before
    Then, I decide to format my wii system to clear all mem.. and will try again.. but for sure, I need to test the installation of homebrew that it work or not before I format it, otherwise I can't see homebrew channel any more after the format.

    Then, I've tested install with Zelda like as I ever done. But, it error again.. at the final process:
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    then I press reset to accept and return to wii system menu. Oh, my goddddd, my homebrew channel was lostttttttttttttt ??

    so.. now I can't install the homebrew and run any homebrew apps.

    I decided to foramt wii system to clear it, prepared the backup and formated it.

    Ok.. I can't use an old method (3.3U) for zelda hack. Then I load zelda hack save for 3.4U. it's okay I can hook and run boot.elf. But, the error still be the same
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Now... my system can't install a HBC by zelda hacks caused of above error.
    now.. my wii can play only US zone, and still has 6 channels for news and forecast of 3 zones. My formatting can't delete news and forecast chanell or jap and eur zone.

    My problem maybe caused from the 6 of channles, they may use the same adddress of HBC engine or else.. I just guessed.

    Anyone can help me to install a new HBC again on 3.4U? or clear it to a original of 3.3U. by without an error.
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ixc; 11-28-2008 at 09:23 AM.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    Hi All,
    someone could help me?
    I first have 3.3U firmware and ok well with homebrew installation and run homebrew apps, and instasll cISO36 rev. 5 too. I updated game for jap and eur zone, until my News and Forecast Channel are installed for 3 zones, total 6 channel, 2 channel for each zone. But, I can play all games.

    Next, I see waninkoko release a new rev. of cISO, cIOS36 rev. 7. Then I decided to update it by run IOS36 rev. 7 installer. But I got an error below:
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Although I installed cISO rev. 5, that ever worked !! the problem still be the same.
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Then, I think the problem may caused from the old version and new are confilct. Then I decide to remove cIOS rev 5. And install pure cISO rev. 7. But it won't work as well. Althought pure installation for cIOS rev. 5. So.. now.. I can't run any homebrew that require cISO.. such as cISO downgrader.

    I decide to install a new 3.4U, I think it will clear all mem. Then I can install a cIOS again like as a new machine. Then I update my system to 3.4U.

    In 3.4U, I tried to install cISO rev.5 and 7 again.. it still won't work as before
    Then, I decide to format my wii system to clear all mem.. and will try again.. but for sure, I need to test the installation of homebrew that it work or not before I format it, otherwise I can't see homebrew channel any more after the format.

    Then, I've tested install with Zelda like as I ever done. But, it error again.. at the final process:
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    then I press reset to accept and return to wii system menu. Oh, my goddddd, my homebrew channel was lostttttttttttttt ??

    so.. now I can't install the homebrew and run any homebrew apps.

    I decided to foramt wii system to clear it, prepared the backup and formated it.

    Ok.. I can't use an old method (3.3U) for zelda hack. Then I load zelda hack save for 3.4U. it's okay I can hook and run boot.elf. But, the error still be the same
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Now... my system can't install a HBC by zelda hacks caused of above error.
    now.. my wii can play only US zone, and still has 6 channels for news and forecast of 3 zones. My formatting can't delete news and forecast chanell or jap and eur zone.

    My problem maybe caused from the 6 of channles, they may use the same adddress of HBC engine or else.. I just guessed.

    Anyone can help me to install a new HBC again on 3.4U? or clear it to a original of 3.3U. by without an error.
    Installing ticket...
    ES_Addticket failed: -2011

    Thanks a lot.
    Play around with your Wii THAT much and this kinda thing is bound to happen. Do you know if you were installing homebrew channel beta 8 or beta 9?

    I am going to assume beta 8 because you said it was on boot.elf

    Delete boot.elf from the root of your SD card and put this in the root instead. Try again and let me know if any progress was made

    http://www.filesavr.com/homebrewbeta9

  5. 1 User Says Thank You EmperorOfCanada For This Useful Post

    ixc

  6. #25
    ixc
    ixc is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok.. now I can install homebrew 9 successfully thanks a lot.. but about installing cIOS36 rev. 7 (Custom IOS Installer v1.4), it still can not.

    [+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
    >> Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

  7. #26
    ixc
    ixc is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    ok.. now I can install homebrew 9 successfully thanks a lot.. but about installing cIOS36 rev. 7 (Custom IOS Installer v1.4), it still can not.

    [+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
    >> Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)
    Although the installation shown the error, but I can run cIOS downgrader

  8. #27
    ixc
    ixc is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    Although the installation shown the error, but I can run cIOS downgrader
    but, when I run cIOS Downgrader 1.1.

    [+] Installing system menu, please wait...
    >> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1035)

    [+] Press any button to continue...

    Then I press any button and home button to exit, my firmware still be Ver.3.4U. So, the cIOS downgrader can't do this.. it's may released a new version, I will check. and the homebrew that need cIOS core can't run too:
    [+] Custom IOS could not be loaded! (ret = -4100)
    Power off your wii presssing the POWER button...

    just FYI. 3.4U is ok.. if I can run the homebrew , but if it is very very ok, if can install cIOS36 rev. 7 and .. can run cIOS homebrew too

    (I've downloaded and run cIOS downgrader v.1.2, but it just reboot my wii and return to wii system menu. so, cIOS downgrader 1.2 can't run on my wii)

    I may try the solution of EmperorOfCanada

    -------

    ok, after I tried EmperorOfCanada... it's ok for all now, my firmware can now be 3.2U and can run some homebrew, cIOS app from waninkoko may not (I think ) .
    Last edited by ixc; 11-28-2008 at 07:49 PM.

  9. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 18 Posts
    Im not sure at all where you stand now lol you have so many steps, but I understand now that you had success getting to 3.2, and you have homebrew chan and installing wads work? For now I would say that is what is important
    Need Homebrew channel? Want to downgrade or install starfall? Want to install Gamma backup launcher? Click Here!

  10. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi thanks for the guide, but I have followed the steps and each time my wii just resets. I get an error "ret = -1)" I installed 3.4 by accident but got the homebrew channel working through the twiizer fix. I'd love to get DVD's running on it but I can't seem to downgrade. Any ideas?

  11. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 18 Posts
    Try my guide Thad, and make sure you copy the contents of the zip file onto the root of your SD card.

    You dont have to reinstall the HBC, so you can skip that part
    Need Homebrew channel? Want to downgrade or install starfall? Want to install Gamma backup launcher? Click Here!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •