Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 725

Thread: WiiMC v1.3.2

  1. #711
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's from 2006 and did a little more digging and found out that my chipset has a 75% chance of being a GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip and a 25% chance of being a GC2-D3 with no drive chip.

  2. #712
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,217
    Thanks
    1,786
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 3,542 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    LOL, all Wiis say 2006. That's a later revision and likely can't play DVDs.

  3. #713
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My apologies for misunderstanding what copyright year meant. Afterall I've been at this all of about 6 hours now. Is that your speciality - trolling for newbies and making fun of them? And if they "all" say 2006 why does Wii Drive Chip Database show options between 2006 and 2012? Nevermind - I've heard about all from you I care to.

  4. #714
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiuser1968
    My apologies for misunderstanding what copyright year meant. Afterall I've been at this all of about 6 hours now. Is that your speciality - trolling for newbies and making fun of them? And if they "all" say 2006 why does Wii Drive Chip Database show options between 2006 and 2012? Nevermind - I've heard about all from you I care to.
    Not wise to show aggression to those who're taking time to help you when they don't have to, granted he could have worded it nicer he still did provide you with an answer. You should show a little gratitude for that.

    Anywho, back on topic. Did you get the Wii new or used? If it was used it may have a newer drive due to replacement of the old one which would create confusion when checking the serial number on the drive database.

    A good way to check your drives data (thus letting us see how old or new it is) is to run a sysCheck, that will show the drive date

  5. #715
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,217
    Thanks
    1,786
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 3,542 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Huh, must've missed that post. Wiis were introduced in 2006; the database contains information from Launch Day units to current production models. Any D3-2 (aka D3 Version 2) or D4 (which came after D3-2) won't work for the purpose you're seeking.

    If it truly is a D3-2 and you're desperate, you could (if mechanically inclined) swap out the entire DVD mechanism with an older unit's. You'd need a triwing screwdriver (to take apart the Wii plastic housing) and a phillips head to remove I forget --- either 4, 6, or 8 screws. There's either one or two flat ribbon cables that can be unclasped (if that's the word) and then the entire mechanism comes out. D4 production models you can't do that --- they redesigned the circuit board and it's physically much smaller and isn't a drop in replacement. D3-2 or D3 are physically the same size as any older version.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  7. #716
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We bought the wii new. I think it was either Christmas of '06 or Christmas of '07.

    I did run a sys check yesterday. What is it that I am looking for in the results? The only thing that jumps out at me as relating to a date is the folllowing: <release_date>20121227000000</release_date>

    Thanks.

  8. #717
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiuser1968
    We bought the wii new. I think it was either Christmas of '06 or Christmas of '07.

    I did run a sys check yesterday. What is it that I am looking for in the results? The only thing that jumps out at me as relating to a date is the folllowing: <release_date>20121227000000</release_date>

    Thanks.
    Which sysCheck are you using? It should put out a line of text saying something like:

    Drive Date: 2007.02.28

  9. #718
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used the first link listed in the "How to Run and Post a System Check" Guide. Syscheck v2.1.0 Beta 19 (I posted the results in the system check thread) Found it... Drive date: 2008.07.14 LOL - so apparently we got it for Christmas in 2008?

  10. #719
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Well, I'm kinda running out of ideas. You may want to check the following discussion for more help:

    Can My Wii Play DVDs?

  11. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  12. #720
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok - thank you for your help.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •