Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 725

Thread: WiiMC v1.3.2

  1. #381
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Craven View Post
    I got it onto my sd card and loaded on HBC but the rented dvd and burned dvd I put in didn't read at all. "Error Invalid DVD."

    Both on movie icon and on DVD icon for both discs.

    I can't hardly believe at all that this doesn't work just because my wii is newer...

    Any other suggestions as to getting my wii to play a dvd?
    Hi guy's
    i think i am having a similar problem to this.
    I cannot get any original or backup DVD's to load. i get the same error; 'Error - Invalid DVD'
    I have tried a couple of original dvd films and backup dvds with the same error.
    i can definitely play backup games through the backup disk channel and can still play original games through the main disc channel.

    i have check my serial no on this site Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation and it says;
    There is a 100% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C (v1).

    if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

  2. #382
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline-uk View Post
    Hi guy's
    i think i am having a similar problem to this.
    I cannot get any original or backup DVD's to load. i get the same error; 'Error - Invalid DVD'
    I have tried a couple of original dvd films and backup dvds with the same error.
    i can definitely play backup games through the backup disk channel and can still play original games through the main disc channel.

    i have check my serial no on this site Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation and it says;
    There is a 100% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C (v1).

    if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Is your HBC using IOS58?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #383
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Is your HBC using IOS58?
    Hi, thanks for tha fast reply.
    I'm not sure how to check that on the wii, but I used Mauifrogs 4.3 guide and that say's that it installs IOS58 (rev 6175+)

  4. #384
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline-uk View Post
    Hi, thanks for tha fast reply.
    I'm not sure how to check that on the wii, but I used Mauifrogs 4.3 guide and that say's that it installs IOS58 (rev 6175+)
    Check your HBC version and IOS by pressing HOME while in the HBC and looking at the top-right corner. I think that his guide installs 1.0.6, which would use IOS61. I haven't heard of this problem before, so I am just guessing.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #385
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Check your HBC version and IOS by pressing HOME while in the HBC and looking at the top-right corner. I think that his guide installs 1.0.6, which would use IOS61. I haven't heard of this problem before, so I am just guessing.
    I've got v1.0.8 and IOS58 v24.31

    would it be worth me uninstalling the Wiimc and downloading the installer direct from this thread and installing that instead? (on a long shot)

  6. #386
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline-uk View Post
    I've got v1.0.8 and IOS58 v24.31

    would it be worth me uninstalling the Wiimc and downloading the installer direct from this thread and installing that instead? (on a long shot)
    Actually, try using v1.06 instead. I have done some searching, and it seems that nobody can find a solution to this problem, but it only happens in some revisions. It doesn't happen to everyone either. I have trouble playing DVD's with WiiMC, so I have to use MPlayerCE for DVD's.

    If v1.06 doesn't work, try MPlayerCE. The last few versions of it have a bug where pausing a movie for ~2 minutes causes it to freeze. Once the DVD drive sleeps, it won't remount the DVD.

    I doubt that there will ever be a media player for the Wii without any issues.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  8. #387
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Actually, try using v1.06 instead. I have done some searching, and it seems that nobody can find a solution to this problem, but it only happens in some revisions. It doesn't happen to everyone either. I have trouble playing DVD's with WiiMC, so I have to use MPlayerCE for DVD's.

    If v1.06 doesn't work, try MPlayerCE. The last few versions of it have a bug where pausing a movie for ~2 minutes causes it to freeze. Once the DVD drive sleeps, it won't remount the DVD.

    I doubt that there will ever be a media player for the Wii without any issues.
    Thanks for the help Joostin, i'll probably give MPlayerCE a go,
    but i'm pretty new to all this so probably won't change the HBC version (just yet anyway).
    if i were to try would it be done through the Wad manager?

    Thanks again

  9. #388
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline-uk View Post
    Thanks for the help Joostin, i'll probably give MPlayerCE a go,
    but i'm pretty new to all this so probably won't change the HBC version (just yet anyway).
    if i were to try would it be done through the Wad manager?

    Thanks again
    Sorry, I realize I wasn't quite clear. I didn't mean the HBC, I meant WiiMC. You can get v1.06 here. The HBC should stay at v1.0.8.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  11. #389
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Sorry, I realize I wasn't quite clear. I didn't mean the HBC, I meant WiiMC. You can get v1.06 here. The HBC should stay at v1.0.8.
    oh, OK. bit of confusion there with the v1.0.6 HBC being mentioned before, and the v1.06 WiiMC. lol.
    will definitely give that a try.
    it's not the end of the world if i can't get it working as i do have a perfectly good standalone DVD player. just would be nice to have it all working.

    thanks

  12. #390
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Oh, one last thing.
    can i use the WiiMC Channel Installer 1.5 (from the first post) with v1.06?

Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •