Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: 4.2 upgrade

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    4.2 upgrade

    hey i have wii 3.2u softmodded and hardmodded..how can i upgrade to 4.2u??

  2. #2
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by skandany View Post
    hey i have wii 3.2u softmodded and hardmodded..how can i upgrade to 4.2u??
    As you are a first time poster here is some info you will need.

    Don't update to 4.2, goto 4.1 if you really want to. guide here.
    3.2 is fine, just can't use SDHC cards.


    Hi and welcome to WiiHacks skandany

    If you need advice or help for anything Wii related you have joined the right site, whether its hard or soft modded.

    Donít be shy, ask if you are stuck, just donít expect other people to do all the work for you.

    Before you start anything, make sure you read the rules go over the tutorials, and most importantly, search before asking questions.

    Make sure you post in the correct areas of the forums.

    Here is the site index wiihacks ultimate index written by ShadowSonic2

    If you are starting from scratch, new 3.1-4.1 written by Dogeggs

    If you already have Homebrew, upgrade to 4.1 written by Dogeggs

    Donít update to 4.2, but if you are already on 4.2, complete 4.2 guide written by Messie

    2009 Wii Serial numbers after LU3884XXXX and LEH2676XXXX have probably got the new D3-2 chip that prevents playing backup DVD's. They can still use original discs and USB loaders.

    And please do donate to the forum if you are able so we can go on helping the Wii community.

    I hope you have a great time here at WiiHacks, and increase your knowledge of all things Wii.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    As you are a first time poster here is some info you will need.

    Don't update to 4.2, goto 4.1 if you really want to. guide here.
    3.2 is fine, just can't use SDHC cards.


    Hi and welcome to WiiHacks skandany

    If you need advice or help for anything Wii related you have joined the right site, whether its hard or soft modded.

    Don’t be shy, ask if you are stuck, just don’t expect other people to do all the work for you.

    Before you start anything, make sure you read the rules go over the tutorials, and most importantly, search before asking questions.

    Make sure you post in the correct areas of the forums.

    Here is the site index wiihacks ultimate index written by ShadowSonic2

    If you are starting from scratch, new 3.1-4.1 written by Dogeggs

    If you already have Homebrew, upgrade to 4.1 written by Dogeggs

    Don’t update to 4.2, but if you are already on 4.2, complete 4.2 guide written by Messie

    2009 Wii Serial numbers after LU3884XXXX and LEH2676XXXX have probably got the new D3-2 chip that prevents playing backup DVD's. They can still use original discs and USB loaders.

    And please do donate to the forum if you are able so we can go on helping the Wii community.

    I hope you have a great time here at WiiHacks, and increase your knowledge of all things Wii.
    i have a wii that was 3.3 and i installed the drivekey in it 4 days ago but my brother was being an idiot and updated too 4.2u now half the games i get and burn in a dvd-r dont even work and the games that work they only work half the time, anyway is there a way to make it play my wii backups again?
    Last edited by andrew1090; 12-07-2009 at 01:23 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew1090 View Post
    i have a wii that was 3.3 and i installed the drivekey in it 4 days ago but my brother was being an idiot and updated too 4.2u now half the games i get and burn in a dvd-r dont even work and the games that work they only work half the time, anyway is there a way to make it play my wii backups again?
    If its been updated to 4.2 you will have lost any softmods.
    Was it softmodded before the update.
    You softmod it to 4.2 guide here.
    if you are already on 4.2, complete 4.2 guide written by Messie

    If was just a hard before and you want to carry on, I think it may be a region thing. Are the disks that don't play all of one region.ie E or J.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    If its been updated to 4.2 you will have lost any softmods.
    Was it softmodded before the update.
    You softmod it to 4.2 guide here.
    if you are already on 4.2, complete 4.2 guide written by Messie

    If was just a hard before and you want to carry on, I think it may be a region thing. Are the disks that don't play all of one region.ie E or J.
    i installed the drivekey modship before it was 4.2u and the games are USA version thats what my bro says he is the one who gets them, the drivekey modchip has the settings switched to the type of game im using.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi need help im on 4.2U how do i get wad manager to work?? plz help

    thanks

    also i got softmod

  7. #7
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOL View Post
    hi need help im on 4.2U how do i get wad manager to work?? plz help

    thanks

    also i got softmod
    Install wad manager in HBC. SD\apps. Wads are stored in SD\wad.
    Open wad manger, select wad to install.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A friend of mine got a wii 3.4 udated it to 4.2u used 4.2 guide here and it took about 30 min. every thing worked fine.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    wad manager for 4.2 help

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Install wad manager in HBC. SD\apps. Wads are stored in SD\wad.
    Open wad manger, select wad to install.
    i did this and it doesnt work how do u get wad manager to work on wii system 4.2U plz help

  10. #10
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOL View Post
    i did this and it doesnt work how do u get wad manager to work on wii system 4.2U plz help
    Are you using Wad manager 1.4 or 1.5?
    Does it open correctly from HBC?
    Can you see your wads?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •