Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Help Homebrew Browser error not a valid wii app

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Help Homebrew Browser error not a valid wii app

    I run homebrew channel but when i click on homebrew browser it displays the error not a valid wii application. Any pointers much appreciated.

  2. #2
    New Member Median's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Try to redownload it.
    My Wii
    WiiKey v1 - 4.0E - BootMii/boot2 - Preloader 0.30r4 - Homebrew Channel - cios38r14 - 2GB SD Card

    Region Free - Preloader Hacks
    Skip disc update check - Region Free Wii Discs - region free Wii games_1 - Region free Wii games_2 - Force Disc Region_1 - Force Disc Region_2
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tried downloading it again. Same error.

  4. #4
    New Member Median's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwade12001 View Post
    Tried downloading it again. Same error.
    Weird, where did you download it from?
    My Wii
    WiiKey v1 - 4.0E - BootMii/boot2 - Preloader 0.30r4 - Homebrew Channel - cios38r14 - 2GB SD Card

    Region Free - Preloader Hacks
    Skip disc update check - Region Free Wii Discs - region free Wii games_1 - Region free Wii games_2 - Force Disc Region_1 - Force Disc Region_2
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Followed the guide to softmod from the forum via the banner exploit everything went smoothly. Backups internet and obviusly the homebrew chl all work fine just thought homebrew browser looked like the easiest way to get all the stuff i was after. yes it was downloaded from here the sticky at the top of the forum. i have it placed in /apps/homebrewbrowser on my memory card. i still have alk the files from the softmod on the card, didnt think this would matter?

  6. #6
    New Member Median's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwade12001 View Post
    Followed the guide to softmod from the forum via the banner exploit everything went smoothly. Backups internet and obviusly the homebrew chl all work fine just thought homebrew browser looked like the easiest way to get all the stuff i was after. yes it was downloaded from here the sticky at the top of the forum. i have it placed in /apps/homebrewbrowser on my memory card. i still have alk the files from the softmod on the card, didnt think this would matter?
    Download it from here and try again: http://www.codemii.com/wiihomebrew/h...ser_v0.3.6.zip
    My Wii
    WiiKey v1 - 4.0E - BootMii/boot2 - Preloader 0.30r4 - Homebrew Channel - cios38r14 - 2GB SD Card

    Region Free - Preloader Hacks
    Skip disc update check - Region Free Wii Discs - region free Wii games_1 - Region free Wii games_2 - Force Disc Region_1 - Force Disc Region_2
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This looks better already it has a .dol file!! I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks

  8. #8
    New Member Median's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwade12001 View Post
    This looks better already it has a .dol file!! I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks
    Np.
    And be sure to rename it boot.dol
    My Wii
    WiiKey v1 - 4.0E - BootMii/boot2 - Preloader 0.30r4 - Homebrew Channel - cios38r14 - 2GB SD Card

    Region Free - Preloader Hacks
    Skip disc update check - Region Free Wii Discs - region free Wii games_1 - Region free Wii games_2 - Force Disc Region_1 - Force Disc Region_2
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Median For This Useful Post


  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All working nicely. You help was great. Strange how the dwnload from here didn't contain the boot file. Off to read about emulators now! Thanks again.

  11. #10
    New Member Median's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwade12001 View Post
    All working nicely. You help was great. Strange how the dwnload from here didn't contain the boot file. Off to read about emulators now! Thanks again.
    Glad to see it's working okay now :P
    My Wii
    WiiKey v1 - 4.0E - BootMii/boot2 - Preloader 0.30r4 - Homebrew Channel - cios38r14 - 2GB SD Card

    Region Free - Preloader Hacks
    Skip disc update check - Region Free Wii Discs - region free Wii games_1 - Region free Wii games_2 - Force Disc Region_1 - Force Disc Region_2
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •