Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Not able to load softmod

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Not able to load softmod

    I have tried following "Dogeggs" softmod on a 4.0U. When I get to the point where it wants to load boot.elf, the unit locks up. I've been pulling my hair out with this one. I have now atleast managed to put on HBC but thats it. Anything else I try locks it up. Im very new to this so sorry in advance. Where do I go from here to get the rest of the all-in-one package installed. My goal here to be able to use usb loader.
    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theramman View Post
    I have tried following "Dogeggs" softmod on a 4.0U. When I get to the point where it wants to load boot.elf, the unit locks up. I've been pulling my hair out with this one. I have now atleast managed to put on HBC but thats it. Anything else I try locks it up. Im very new to this so sorry in advance. Where do I go from here to get the rest of the all-in-one package installed. My goal here to be able to use usb loader.
    Thanks!!
    if the unit locks up on loading the boot.elf how in the world did you get HBC on your wii?

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have a look here

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...n-4-0-wii.html

    This is the only app I've been able to get to work so far. Thanks for the quick reply.......Where do I go from here?????


  4. #4
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theramman View Post
    Have a look here

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...n-4-0-wii.html

    This is the only app I've been able to get to work so far. Thanks for the quick reply.......Where do I go from here?????

    Where to start....

    1) Okay first when you were using that tutorial did you install boot mii as a
    boot 2? If not recovering from a brick will be very difficult.

    2) What where you looking to do with your modded wii?

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, I did load it as boot2. I have a backup disk that is known to be good. I want to be able to load it before moving on to the usb loader.

  6. #6
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theramman View Post
    Yes, I did load it as boot2. I have a backup disk that is known to be good. I want to be able to load it before moving on to the usb loader.
    Alright from the sounds of it you want to load a usb loader. If you already have HBC then so far so good.

    What you will want to do is get wad manager.

    Get it here..

    Unzip this.

    On your sd card make a folder titled "apps".

    Make a subfolder called "wadmanager"

    Place the "WAD-Manager_v1.5.dol" in this folder

    Rename "WAD-Manager_v1.5.dol" to boot.dol

    Then download cIOS38rev14 download it here

    Unzip it

    On your sd card go to your "apps" folder

    Make a directory called "cIOS38rev14"

    Put the "cIOS38_rev14-installer.dol" in this directory

    rename "cIOS38_rev14-installer.dol" to "boot.dol"

    Then get a backup loader I prefer USB Loader GX. You can get it here

    Put your sd card in your sd card reader (on your pc) and run the installer. It will automatically put the files where the need to go on the sd card.

    Boot up your will

    Put SD card in Wii

    Go in to HBC and you should have three applications show up

    Run cIOS38rev14 first

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do I leave everything else that is already on the SD card there????

  8. #8
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theramman View Post
    Do I leave everything else that is already on the SD card there????
    You can but if it has your nand backup i would take the boot mii files off and place them in a safe folder on your computer, as you wouldn't need them unless you brick

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only see 2 apps.......cIOS38rev14 and wadmanager. When I run the cIOS i get the error, ret-1, what am I doing wrong now??



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •