Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: BOOTMii HELPPPP

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    The issue with your wiimote not working is because at present it doesn't work in that menu. From the Bootmii FAQ which you can find here BootMii




    I installed Bootmii and use the above method to to use the menu, works a treat.

    Just had a quick look at the guide, I didn't see anything about Nand Backup, so I would guess not. Just go to the menu in Bootmii and go from there. One thing that caught me out, I could use the SD card to install Bootmii and run it, but it didn't work to backup the Nand, had to get another one. If you have an issue check here BootMii/SD Card Compatibility List - WiiBrew


    As for your version of Bootmii not loading when you start the wii, could be one of two things:
    Although I suspect it is reason2:

    1. You do not have the SD card that you used when installing Bootmii in the slot, so it doesn't load.
    2. You could only install Bootmii/IOS and not Bootmii/Boot2

    Hope that helps a bit.
    Can add Polaroid 1 gb sd to the list of non working power/reset buttons to nav and will not save back up nand. Thanks for your help. Since I installed with ISO, this really doen't provide any protection does it?

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Antwerp,Belgium
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have problems installing bootmii. I checked the compatibility list for SD cards and I
    have got an sandisk SD for wii so it should work. But when I put the installer elf onto my SD and put the SD in the wii and open homebrew it says my SD is empty. Does anyone know what to do?
    thanks

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corriewf View Post
    Can add Polaroid 1 gb sd to the list of non working power/reset buttons to nav and will not save back up nand. Thanks for your help. Since I installed with ISO, this really doen't provide any protection does it?
    I think it does still give you the chance to recover from a brick as you have Bootmii installed. I would though go and get a SD card that does allow backup of the Nand, would as far as I am aware save a lot of work should the worst happen.

    Glad a I managed to help a bit, do try to help out if I can.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You hawker For This Useful Post


  5. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jappe View Post
    I have problems installing bootmii. I checked the compatibility list for SD cards and I
    have got an sandisk SD for wii so it should work. But when I put the installer elf onto my SD and put the SD in the wii and open homebrew it says my SD is empty. Does anyone know what to do?
    thanks
    You need to change the it to boot.elf if memory serves me right for it to be recognized.

  6. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    I think it does still give you the chance to recover from a brick as you have Bootmii installed. I would though go and get a SD card that does allow backup of the Nand, would as far as I am aware save a lot of work should the worst happen.

    Glad a I managed to help a bit, do try to help out if I can.
    Most bricks effect the system menu which since Bootmii is installed as an ISO would need to be ran under HBC. I would need to access Bootmii to use the nand back up to restore right? Seems pointless.

  7. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Antwerp,Belgium
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I changed the installer.elf to boot.elf and it still doesn't work. I put it into the map apps and I put it onto the root but nothing works. When I open HBC it says my SD is empty. I am on sysmenu 3.2E
    What can I do?

  8. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jappe View Post
    I changed the installer.elf to boot.elf and it still doesn't work. I put it into the map apps and I put it onto the root but nothing works. When I open HBC it says my SD is empty. I am on sysmenu 3.2E
    What can I do?
    So you have it like this: apps/bootmii/boot.elf and it isn't recognised? Have you tried putting any other programs like say wadmanager in the apps folder, see if it gets recognised, if not sounds like its your sd card at fault. You could either back it up re-format or try another.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You hawker For This Useful Post


  10. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Antwerp,Belgium
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I din't had it like: apps/bootmii/boot.elf. So I tried that and it worked!!
    Thanks

  11. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jappe View Post
    I din't had it like: apps/bootmii/boot.elf. So I tried that and it worked!!
    Thanks
    No problem, pleased it worked.

  12. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi wondering if anyone can help me. ive installed bootmii to boot2 and it boots when i have the files on the sd card. my problem is that when i click back up nand it doesnt seem to back it up does it have to be a clean sd card that i have to swap over or have i done something wrong?

    Cheers
    Ricey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •