Help with semi-bricked Wii
The past few months hacking my wii has become my little project. I had the homebrew channel installed and usb loader gx and everything was running great until i decided to mess with IOS's in order to get the DVD player working. I also have a custom theme. Somehow i accidently deleted the usb loader and homebrew channel. Then not thinking i decided to just wipe and format the harddrive in an attempt to repair some of my handy work. Now the wii works fine except it is stuck with a not-so-amazing theme on the system menu and i also cannot get the homebrew channel to reinstall. I am using the most current versions of each application. Once i get to the warning screen about not paying for a scam, it says press 1 and then freezes. either the remote loses connection or it actually freezes.
I do have nand.bin bootmii back ups on my computer but i can no longer access bootmii.
Is there any possible way to install bootmii without using the homebrew channel? I am stuck with no way to access the homebrew channel. Help!!!!
I have system menu 4.3u, using letterbomb exploit, hackmii installer 1.2. I am not entering the wrong MAC address or do i have my SD card formatted improperly.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
- Go to the Softmod ANY Wii Guide (link below in my sig)
- Back up then format your SD card as instructed.
- Create your letterbomb exploit and copy to your SD card.
- move the boot.elf file out to a safe place on your computer
- download the modpack and IOSUpdate pack from Chapter 2 and extract directly to your SD card
- Copy the bool.dol file from the sd/apps/wiimod folder to the root of your SD card
- Insert SD card into your Wii and run the letterbomb exploit, Wiimod should load
- Follow the instructions in the guide to install the IOS Update Pack - all wads should install without error
- Exit Wiimod
- Take SD back to your PC - delete sd/boot.dol
- copy the boot.elf you removed earlier back to sd/
- take SD back to Wii and run letterbomb again, hackmii installer should load
- install HBC
- follow the rest of the Softmod ANY Wii Guide in its entirety and IN ORDER from Chapter 2 on (yes, you can skip the IOS Update)
- be thankful you didn't perma-brick your Wii and don't go messing with stuff anymore until you know exactly what you are doing...messing with IOS under 200 is bad news...
1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post
Tags for this Thread