Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: HELP Wii cannot read discs! IOS PROBLEM OR NOT??

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are every model of the laser the same Except the fact there are 3350 and 3355? the one i got looked like a 3350 but could it still be the wrong version?

  2. #12
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    I think the RAF-3355 is for the d4 drive. The RAF-3350 is for all the other drives.

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    I think the RAF-3355 is for the d4 drive. The RAF-3350 is for all the other drives.
    I have a 2007 wii and i know it doesnt use the 3355 model but are there different versions of the 3350 itself or is there just one universal version that works on all?

  4. #14
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    The 3350 will work on any drive except the d4, I believe.

    I know when I remove the solder point on a lens, I barely get the soldering iron close to it and the glob disappears. And you can see the points underneath that it was covering. If you burned through the ribbon, I think you need a new one.

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    The 3350 will work on any drive except the d4, I believe.

    I know when I remove the solder point on a lens, I barely get the soldering iron close to it and the glob disappears. And you can see the points underneath that it was covering. If you burned through the ribbon, I think you need a new one.
    well the part i burnt through was actually only through the solder point itself, just a tiny hole straight through and some edges of the gold metalic strips got burnt. Could that messed everthing up?
    Last edited by ooplah3344; 01-17-2012 at 07:08 PM.

  6. #16
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    I would suggest you follow the softmod any wii guide(link in spoiler below), and if it won't play any discs after that, it's definitely the ribbon. At least you'll have the best and latest softmod and can play from usb until you get a new lens.

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    I would suggest you follow the softmod any wii guide(link in spoiler below), and if it won't play any discs after that, it's definitely the ribbon. At least you'll have the best and latest softmod and can play from usb until you get a new lens.
    The thing is, I can already play from USB [Madden 12, MW3] with my current set-up. dont wana mess things up even MORE

  8. #18
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    If your mod is already usb loading, it makes me think for sure that you would need a new laser. So just usb load, it's way better anyway. But you might want to get a new laser to copy new games to your drive with your wii. But if it ain't broke don't fix it, is what I always go by.

    If and when you do get the new lens, make sure you just get the solder iron real close to the solder point to remove it. I'm not even sure it even touches when I do it. I just get it real close with a steady hand, and the glob disappears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •