View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wii

    11 45.83%
  • Xbox360

    3 12.50%
  • PS3

    2 8.33%
  • Wii360

    8 33.33%
  • PS360

    0 0%
  • Xbox360/Wii/PS3

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Wii or ps3?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wii or ps3?

    I always loved playstation, I have a ps1 and 2 but the ps3 is way too expensive and has only one game that gets me excited (metal gear solid 4) and that's not out until 2007. The Wii on the other hand has a pretty nifty controller, the fee-motion technology looks extremely entertaining. But what really interests me is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, it looks amazing. Zelda OOT on my n64 was one of the best, if not the best game i've ever played. The only thing stoping me from geting a Wii is 3rd party support, will there be enough? This seems to be changing and there seems to be more support but you can never be sure. I will most probably get a Wii sooner or later (Zelda makes me lean closer to sooner) but i'm not sure about the ps3. What do you think?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As you mentioned, the Wii is cost friendly (in relative terms) and their controller is an intriguing concept. I'd definitely get a Wii before a PS3.

  3. #3
    Myv
    Myv is offline
    Junior Member Myv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    get Wii first for Zelda, Metroid, and Mario Galaxy then just wait on your MGS4

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Or you could just buy the 360... play it now.. when you are done im sure wii's will be readily available everywhere =)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is that all the options?..I think one is missing...the Xbox360/Wii/PS3 option....

  6. #6
    Junior Member aflyingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Wii is ok thus far.. I'd be more interested if they came out with more FPS's and Sports games that took full advantage of the remote..

    Nintendo doesn't dissapoint, however, so time will tell.

  7. #7
    Junior Member BobFromPikeCreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aflyingcow View Post
    The Wii is ok thus far.. I'd be more interested if they came out with more FPS's and Sports games that took full advantage of the remote..

    Nintendo doesn't dissapoint, however, so time will tell.
    You want more sports games? EA rehashes the same sports games every year, and I'm sure at least a few of them will get tossed onto the Wii.

    Why people buy new sports games is beyond me though. Updated rosters are worth 60 bucks?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobFromPikeCreek View Post
    You want more sports games? EA rehashes the same sports games every year, and I'm sure at least a few of them will get tossed onto the Wii.

    Why people buy new sports games is beyond me though. Updated rosters are worth 60 bucks?
    I think the wii will get a LOT of sports games because the remote/nunchuck system can be adapted to most sports.

    Wii sports tennis in multiplayer awesome and I'm looking forward to a more refined tennis game coming out...

    I completely agree with you about buying each year's hockey/footbal game though--it's a huge waste of money.

  9. #9
    Junior Member BobFromPikeCreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcduck View Post
    I think the wii will get a LOT of sports games because the remote/nunchuck system can be adapted to most sports.

    Wii sports tennis in multiplayer awesome and I'm looking forward to a more refined tennis game coming out...

    I completely agree with you about buying each year's hockey/footbal game though--it's a huge waste of money.
    Yeah, I do agree that the Wii will actually make playing sports games desirable for me again. Super Swing Golf is looking mighty fine.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just like any gaming system things will come and go, while we are able to achieve the next level of gaming, it wasnt that long ago that we were sitting in front of the atari playing pacman and thinking this was the hottest thing ever

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •