Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How do I stop wii update?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How do I stop wii update?

    Hi
    I am a noob here..don't know anything about mods but just recently paid to mod my wii. It works fine with backups.
    I have a question, this new game I am now inserting takes me straight to update warning..as i am scared - I hold power button for 4 seconds to just close the wii. I am not sure what will happen after the update!! will this unchip or brick my wii??
    Or shall I just go ahead and update the FW?
    I am in UK and using PAL backups only - hence will these atleast be playable after the forced update???
    The disc that has the update in it is also a PAL game hence not foreign to me..
    Please help..Sorry if this has been asked before..
    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    you can update as much as you want thus far if you have no homebrew, and only play in your region, you can ALSO block game updates via brickblocker and some chips can block it on a higher firmware

  3. 1 User Says Thank You admiral victorinox For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    hi yes it is ok to update if you have pal system and it is pal game the game needs to update to run but i am not sure if it will affect you i you are useing web chanels i had the same prob and i was told it would be ok so i update and the game worked fine and my wii is ok it will only brick if you cross region update

  5. 1 User Says Thank You exupboy For This Useful Post


  6. #4
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    ^ or a update is interrupted

  7. 1 User Says Thank You admiral victorinox For This Useful Post


  8. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    you can update as much as you want thus far if you have no homebrew, and only play in your region, you can ALSO block game updates via brickblocker and some chips can block it on a higher firmware
    So I take it that it will not run the homebrew games but PAL region backups will work?
    Sorry how do i install brickblocker?

    Quote Originally Posted by exupboy View Post
    hi yes it is ok to update if you have pal system and it is pal game the game needs to update to run but i am not sure if it will affect you i you are useing web chanels i had the same prob and i was told it would be ok so i update and the game worked fine and my wii is ok it will only brick if you cross region update
    I am not familiar with channels as I have not used them..

    Thanks for quick replies...

  9. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    ^ or a update is interrupted
    Could you please expand on this..

  10. #7
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingNTLDR View Post
    Could you please expand on this..
    homebrew is a channel that lets u install wads, and do other things, since you dont know of it its not important

    if you install and lose power or something during the process you might brick your wii

    yays post 500

  11. 1 User Says Thank You admiral victorinox For This Useful Post


  12. #8
    New Member anthortic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The United Kingdom. because kingdoms are cool
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 77 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingNTLDR View Post
    Hi
    I am a noob here..don't know anything about mods but just recently paid to mod my wii. It works fine with backups.
    I have a question, this new game I am now inserting takes me straight to update warning..as i am scared - I hold power button for 4 seconds to just close the wii. I am not sure what will happen after the update!! will this unchip or brick my wii??
    Or shall I just go ahead and update the FW?
    I am in UK and using PAL backups only - hence will these atleast be playable after the forced update???
    The disc that has the update in it is also a PAL game hence not foreign to me..
    Please help..Sorry if this has been asked before..
    thanks

    what chip do you have?

  13. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    to instal brick blocker once you have downloaded it you just open the file and clik on the wii icon make sure you have unrared it first if it is rared use winrar or winzip etc

  14. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthortic View Post
    what chip do you have?
    I think it is D2C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •