Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Connect 2 Wiis

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Connect 2 Wiis

    Is there any way to connect 2 wiis and have 8 people playing Mario Kart against eachother?

    Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

  2. #2
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    do a private race online... that is the only way that i know....


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah but if you do that you can only have 2 people on line per wii is there any way to increase this?

  4. #4
    New Member N3M0-kuchiyose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United (SL)Hackers of America
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone13 View Post
    Is there any way to connect 2 wiis and have 8 people playing Mario Kart against eachother?

    Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    No. Only 2-players can play on each system when it's online, 4 offline. You would need at least 4 systems to do that online. There's no way link to 2 wiis.
    13 Wii's, 6 PS2s, 17 PSP 2000's, 7 PSP 1000's, 1 XBOX360's, & 3 iPhone's hacked and counting...
    Yeah buddy, rollin' like a big shot.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    I think wifi access for multiple Wiis on the same IP is also blocked by N. So even having 4 consoles, each would need its own separate IP address. Or you'd have to have a built-in LAN feature on the console itself, which is not something that currently exists.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  6. #6
    New Member N3M0-kuchiyose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United (SL)Hackers of America
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Us

    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    I think wifi access for multiple Wiis on the same IP is also blocked by N. So even having 4 consoles, each would need its own separate IP address. Or you'd have to have a built-in LAN feature on the console itself, which is not something that currently exists.
    I don't think they do. I've ran Wii's before simultaneously on MarioKart. We all got disconnected once but that was it...
    13 Wii's, 6 PS2s, 17 PSP 2000's, 7 PSP 1000's, 1 XBOX360's, & 3 iPhone's hacked and counting...
    Yeah buddy, rollin' like a big shot.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by N3M0-kuchiyose View Post
    I don't think they do. I've ran Wii's before simultaneously on MarioKart. We all got disconnected once but that was it...
    You may be right. The source I read it from wasn't too reliable so I can't say for sure.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •