Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Getting System Update message when I try to play NSMB

  1. #1
    Junior Member Bloodfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    Question Getting System Update message when I try to play NSMB

    OK, last night I took my Wii off the internet only to realize I needed to add it back on for something tonight. Only problem is now after I reconnected it to the internet, I am now getting a message to perform a system update when I put in NSMB. Can I use NUSD to download the most recent system menu file and install the wad it creates to eliminate this message? I guess I could always use a backup of the game, but would prefer to use the actual game itself rather than my backup.

    Anyone ran into this issue before? I am on system menu 4.2U and am running IOS 249 REV 14. Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,754
    Thanks
    1,900
    Thanked 4,404 Times in 3,693 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfest View Post
    OK, last night I took my Wii off the internet only to realize I needed to add it back on for something tonight. Only problem is now after I reconnected it to the internet, I am now getting a message to perform a system update when I put in NSMB. Can I use NUSD to download the most recent system menu file and install the wad it creates to eliminate this message? I guess I could always use a backup of the game, but would prefer to use the actual game itself rather than my backup.

    Anyone ran into this issue before? I am on system menu 4.2U and am running IOS 249 REV 14. Thanks for any help.
    Um, that's what they make Priiloader for (disable system updates, disc updates, etc). Never accept an update from Nintendo!

    Nightstah

  3. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member Bloodfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Um, that's what they make Priiloader for (disable system updates, disc updates, etc). Never accept an update from Nintendo!

    Nightstah

    Preloader easy to install? I must have missed that part when I soft modded my wii. I know not to install any nintendo updates since it will break all my homebrew. Thanks for any help!

  5. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Um, that's what they make Priiloader for (disable system updates, disc updates, etc). Never accept an update from Nintendo!

    Nightstah
    yeah what he said

  6. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfest View Post
    Preloader easy to install? I must have missed that part when I soft modded my wii. I know not to install any nintendo updates since it will break all my homebrew. Thanks for any help!
    yes you download just like an app for hbc to install just make sure you get the right version for your fw (the hacks.ini" file that is)

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,754
    Thanks
    1,900
    Thanked 4,404 Times in 3,693 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfest View Post
    Preloader easy to install? I must have missed that part when I soft modded my wii. I know not to install any nintendo updates since it will break all my homebrew. Thanks for any help!
    Yeah, it's a variant of Preloader (note: Wiis 3.3, 3.4 not supported). Read more about it here. Note: not the latest version... find any post by ShadowSonic2 and check his sig at bottom of any post. That's the newest version and it's not on wiibrew's page as yet. As for which hacks are supported for which Wii System Menus, go here.

    Nightstah

  8. 2 Users Say Thank You to nightstah For This Useful Post


  9. #7
    Junior Member Bloodfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Thanks for your help man! I had to get the most up to date Priiloader from his sig to get it working.... everything is fixed now. Wish I could hit the thanks button a few more time

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •