Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: wii speak alternative?

  1. #11
    Junior Member theBLUEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inkin4u View Post
    ok of the 3 usb microphones i have all 3 gave the error the wiispeak accessory is not connected. Please turn the wii off and reconnect your wii speak accessory. So it appears for this one you need to purchase nintendos toys wich as blubird said is the responsible way to go remember without nintendo we wouldn't be here.
    Thanks for doing the test, my friend!
    Did you try it with any WiiSpeak games as well? Or just the WiiSpeak Channel?
    Worth a try..? xD
    "If somebody helps you, don't just SAY "thanks".. Press the button! That's why its there.."

  2. #12
    Junior Member inkin4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Ca

    Just the wiispeak channel never thought of the games i did successfully use an old ps2 usb microphone with the rockband games guitar hero and a couple disney sing it games Sooo tonight i will test on some games instead of the channel will post the results in a bit like bluebird said though this is a 25 dollar accessory and well worth the investment in my opinion

  3. #13
    Junior Member theBLUEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inkin4u View Post
    Just the wiispeak channel never thought of the games i did successfully use an old ps2 usb microphone with the rockband games guitar hero and a couple disney sing it games Sooo tonight i will test on some games instead of the channel will post the results in a bit like bluebird said though this is a 25 dollar accessory and well worth the investment in my opinion
    Great! I'm just curious to know if it will work, hah! I already own the WiiSpeak microphone myself, and I'm a big fan of other Nintendo accessories as well! You got to support them on the little things..
    ( It's not their fault alot of companies make cheap games... Or is it?? o.O )
    But seriously.. Buy the official mic!
    "If somebody helps you, don't just SAY "thanks".. Press the button! That's why its there.."

  4. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure what a "WAD" is but I will look into that as I want to use my USB microphone with my Wheel Of Fortune game. Thanks theBLUEBIRD (yes, I will hit the button :P) !!

    Edit: As this looks illegal, I'm not going to try it.
    Last edited by Danny247; 12-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    I get tired of pointing this out. You CANNOT use a mic on a game that uses WiiSpeak, or WiiSpeak on a game that uses a mic! The WiiSpeak isn't simply a microphone. The hardware is different.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wii Speak + usb config

    Hey I'm not sure if this is the thread to post this question but I'm gonna throw it out there, have a soft modded 3.4 version wii with usb config to run my wii games. Everything works fine in that aspect. I got a wii speak for chrsitmas, as i have jeopardy on my hdd, the wii speak works fine with the wii speak channel but it doesn't work when i load jeopardy. does anyone know how to fix this problem??

  7. #17
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder23 View Post
    Hey I'm not sure if this is the thread to post this question but I'm gonna throw it out there, have a soft modded 3.4 version wii with usb config to run my wii games. Everything works fine in that aspect. I got a wii speak for chrsitmas, as i have jeopardy on my hdd, the wii speak works fine with the wii speak channel but it doesn't work when i load jeopardy. does anyone know how to fix this problem??
    It isn't, but I will answer your question anyway. Install these wads:
    Hermes cIOS Wads.zip
    Set Jeopardy to use IOS223.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  9. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    It isn't, but I will answer your question anyway. Install these wads:
    Hermes cIOS Wads.zip
    Set Jeopardy to use IOS223.
    Bought a couple of Wii Speak tonight. Thought Hermes 223 (37-38) would work. Now I know for sure. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •