Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Surprise for Online Wii Users Imminent

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
    If the Wii Shop Channel update is the surprise, I don't know what's good about it. It just asked me to update my system which I didn't. Updated it with wiiscu, didn't see anything new in there. Well I guess it is just a surprise, it's not like they said an 'awesome surprise'.

  2. #12
    Junior Member MyAtomicWii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindiewen View Post
    New online thing eh?

    well heres my realistic guess (well, kinda realistic):

    "This new update Compleatly removes friend codes from ALL wii games and and wii itself. Now it uses a system like Steam, PSN, and XBL."
    I actually have heard that elsewhere from more than one source, so you may be on the right track.

  3. #13
    Senior Member messie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,118
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,065 Posts
    actually they are out, new shop channel and sysmenu update for wii

  4. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    my idea of what the update will be:
    "nintendo: We have just released a new update... Auto-updating feature!
    Now your wii gets updated even if wiiconnect24 is on/off...
    as an added bonus... you will now find that your wii is on system menu 4.3.
    The new system menu 4.3 DELETES ALL HOMEBREW. It searches for all the ios's, patches them permanantly, and prevents any other hacks from tampering with any ios's.
    Plus, we have released a new ios, IOS 999. Ios 999 will always block unregistered modifications to the wii. We now are looking at all your hacking sites, and there is no hack we do not know about. We have sued bannerbomb, bootmii and almost everything else. Anyone who has pirated channels will find police at there door at october 31th.

    Don't mess with us in the future. It's our products, do not go hacking them again.
    Nintendo
    In other news...
    Wii sports resort update! You now can take a break from the game by pressing + on the wiimote!"




    L.O.L! BEST idea ever right?

  5. #15
    New Member sindiewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sadsoul938 View Post
    my idea of what the update will be:
    "nintendo: We have just released a new update... Auto-updating feature!
    Now your wii gets updated even if wiiconnect24 is on/off...
    as an added bonus... you will now find that your wii is on system menu 4.3.
    The new system menu 4.3 DELETES ALL HOMEBREW. It searches for all the ios's, patches them permanantly, and prevents any other hacks from tampering with any ios's.
    Plus, we have released a new ios, IOS 999. Ios 999 will always block unregistered modifications to the wii. We now are looking at all your hacking sites, and there is no hack we do not know about. We have sued bannerbomb, bootmii and almost everything else. Anyone who has pirated channels will find police at there door at october 31th.

    Don't mess with us in the future. It's our products, do not go hacking them again.
    Nintendo
    In other news...
    Wii sports resort update! You now can take a break from the game by pressing + on the wiimote!"




    L.O.L! BEST idea ever right?
    LOL. Man if only nintendo was THAT smart. Right? Its like the friend codes, Its not like its any safer than stuff used in PSN, XBL, and Steam.
    Sony gave up on preventing hacks on there PSP. Its still going to happen.
    Nintendo is going to give up on it eventualy.

    I liek that Wii Sports Resort update. Perfect. I would totaly get it (if i actualy had the 60$ game that i think its worth 20$), and to my anut whos a wiitard and thinks that the wii is the most supiror console and any game besides sports and "family fun" games are gay.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    LOL. Man if only nintendo was THAT smart. Right?
    Look how long it took for Ninty to release 4.2 update, then look at how long it took the hackers to make a fix for it.

  7. #17
    New Member sindiewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Look how long it took for Ninty to release 4.2 update, then look at how long it took the hackers to make a fix for it.
    LOL it probly took like 5 months to make the update witch in the end, was cracked by the end of the day.

  8. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindiewen View Post
    LOL. Man if only nintendo was THAT smart. Right? Its like the friend codes, Its not like its any safer than stuff used in PSN, XBL, and Steam.
    Sony gave up on preventing hacks on there PSP. Its still going to happen.
    Nintendo is going to give up on it eventualy.

    I liek that Wii Sports Resort update. Perfect. I would totaly get it (if i actualy had the 60$ game that i think its worth 20$), and to my anut whos a wiitard and thinks that the wii is the most supiror console and any game besides sports and "family fun" games are gay.
    yea
    the wii is not the supiror console lol but at least it can play dvds.

    super smash bros and tales of symphonia are good but even lego indiana jones is terrible no offence to the guy who made the hack but I have it and it was not worth it

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I bet it will be about 3 years until system menu 4.3 comes out
    and it only has like one noob feature right?

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Updated Wii Shooping & Lost Home Brew

    I bought a Wii in May and through the help of members on this site I was able to modify it back in July. Since then I've enjoyed playing the games and never experienced an issue

    I recently backed up two games though and got the 001 error - unauthorized device detected. I came back to this website to see what I need to do to get around this error. I believe the remedy was to update the CIOS. A link was given to this posting

    - http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    So I broke out my memory card which I hadn't toughed since I last modified the Wii and downloaded the zip file from the above link/

    Well, before updating the CIOS I went to the Wii Shopping Channel and in order to view it I had to update it. After updating I tried to update the CIOS following the instructions on the above link. However, when I go into SD card section under channels in data management the connets of the card were not being read so I couldn't see it on screen. I just get a screen the boxes and the first one has a question mark in it. I rebooted and noticed that the Homebrew Channel is missing and that neither the backup channel nor backup launcher will read my backup discs.

    I then searched and found this page talking about something Nintendo maybe trying to block mods through an update of some kind.

    I am not the most tech savy person, but could someone explain to me what may have happened here. I think the update is preventing the SD card from being read. Or maybe I did something wrong.

    Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
    Last edited by drewsy; 11-08-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •