This problem is rare... Please help me...
First of all, I start off by saying hi... Cuz I don't want to be disrespectful when I'm new but demand so much help from good people like you guys! I've got a problem, and I am convinced this is quite rare because I did some research and couldn't find a solution... Please read on...
I bought a MODDED wii July 2007 (and yes it's 2007)... And I did an update... Then I played some games and they were cool. But since then, I left my wii and didn't play it since... until now. So it's not updated for like 1.5 years... I went out, bought some new games, I switched on my wii, and realised non of the new games work. But I did try those old games I used to play, they work flawlessly... Hmm...
I googled it and did a lot of research bout it, read that maybe updating the very old wii firmware can solve this problem... But, I also read that if I apply an update, it will be 3.4. I am not too sure if I can choose to upgrade to 3.3 or 3.2 instead of the latest 3.4 (due to twilight hack requirement) because, it's a Japanese wii!!!...and I don't know how to read Japanese, I can't tell which firmware I'm on, I don't know what I'm reading! basically stuck...
I've read about twilight hack somewhere to convert from Japanese to English wii. To do that, I need to be able to play Legend of Zelda Twilight game thing! My wii isn't even able to load up new games, how am I supposed to apply the hack? I know somehow the hacking method is abit different when you have a modded wii and I can't find any! Only found hacking for unmodded wii...
SO I'm in a chicken and egg situation...
- Update my wii to be able to play new games? Hope it works but it might brick my wii mod! and also at the same time preventing me to apply hack...
- Not update my wii? I can't play any new games and stuck with old games!? OMG.
That's the reason why I'm here... I don't know where to start. Ideally, I want to be able to play new games, with an English wii...
THanks for your patience... I appreciate it. Please help me........
I'm really getting confused here. If this doesn't answer your questions, please ask them again.
1. You can apply the Homebrew Channel via stand-alone installer via 3.2 firmware and modchip.
2. You can install the Homebrew Channel via Twilight Hack via 3.4 firmware. Use the downgrade link in my signature.
3. To get your Japanese system to a US system, you'll need the homebrew app "anyregion changer". I've never used it, but many have.
4. You don't always have to install the latest Nintendo firmware to play games. You need the Homebrew Channel and the .Wad Manager. The .Wad Manager will allow you to not only install IOS update files ... but also WiiWare and VC titles to the dashboard.
Read the downgrade link in my signature for more details.
Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install
Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC
wow this is the such a Confusing post -.-
A DONT BUY A GOD D*MN WII YOU CANT READ! *i can read japanese and trust me you dont need it for this problem*
wii > settings > top right
it will give you something.something J
B twilight princess is a launch title, you can run it reguardless, and thats not a issue
C you can use a ISO installer disc
D get a ISO, use wii update manager and change the update to 3.2, then use the ISO installer disc, and get homebrew, then install Cios 37, then IOS 38, 53, 55, and then you can play any game out currently
and no this isnt a "rare problem" youre just very confused and dont got a damn clue
So, my first step is...
1) update my wii no matter what... If I happen to accidently update to 3.4, downgrade it to 3.2...
2) Then apply the twilight hack in order to change my Japanese wii to English wii?
and I'm done?
my god, are you just trying to piss me off?
Originally Posted by squaresoft
i told you
wii update manager
patch with 3.2j
seriously youll need to figure out those menus to use both programs, so i wouldnt make me mad since i can easily help you greatly
I would really suggest you reading some of the guides in the guides section to get an overview on the upgrading/downgrading methods, homebrew apps, IOS, WAD, etc.
It will help you A LOT if you research on the subject yourself by surfing these forums.
What I will do...
I have looked through some posts... and here is what I am going to do hope you guys can give some advice if I am doing anything wrong...
1) update my wii no matter what... even to 3.4...
2) Download Twilight game from the internet, burn the iso to a DVD...
3) Use the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Starfall/GammaTutorial provided by EmperorOfCanada...
4) So I will be downgraded to 3.2J after the hack and homebrew installed...
5) After several IOS installation (I don't what IOS means)... I will be ready to convert my japanese wii to an english wii with anyregion changer app from homebrew...
Is this correct guys? any other tips/stuffs I need to know?
-gives up on helping you get 3.2, since i obviously dont exist-
Yes, but you need to figure out the menus, and errors since most of them will be in Japanese, which i wish you luck with, and hope you find someone on the forum whom can read Japanese ^^
With all respect I do admire you knowing all these stuffs and you do exist. But I don't understand what you're talking about the ISOs. Especially step C and D you said in your few posts before. What does it do? Do you mean twilight iso?
Originally Posted by admiral victorinox
you could have asked over ignoring me -,_-,
Originally Posted by squaresoft
ISO = game's = updates
wii update manager changes game updates so you can make a game like Animal crossing have 3.2 and you can freely update *works on any game if you got the ISO, just patch then burn*
then from there Homebrew is a installer ISO, which is on the site, that works on 3.2 or lower so you dont need Zelda infact you just download a few MB file xD and then use anyregion changer to get U or P firmware