Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: usb loader parental controlls

  1. #11
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
    i searche the app file and now searching the usb'loader file i searched the config text. file but no where does it say simple file

    do u have an exact location of this text ??
    Tell you what. Read the README file for the loader. It should have the information you're looking for.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
    nvm found out how to change to simple mode

    now just the autaon issue how to set auto boot

    i set the auato boot to : installed file

    but retun to: there is now installed file option??
    I already answered that question. See my first post in this thread. Also, don't double post. Use the Edit button nekt time, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    okay i have set auto boot to installed file but my other question was never answer

    when i install the usb laode gx file it install file but when i click installed file it say binraray issue installed file failed ???


    also i tryed wii flow but even with parental controll the can just clikc the bottom right second button and it changes to a nad thing where they can play aroudn with that and click on random thing

    if in wii flow there was a way to block them from clicking that button and chnage it to nad then yes wii flow would be best option



    so far anyways still have an answer to stop some kid from delete the customs app anyways to lock them into a usb loader program??
    Last edited by duboisbrian; 01-30-2012 at 11:01 AM.

  3. #13
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
    okay i have set auto boot to installed file but my other question was never answer

    when i install the usb laode gx file it install file but when i click installed file it say binraray issue installed file failed ???


    also i tryed wii flow but even with parental controll the can just clikc the bottom right second button and it changes to a nad thing where they can play aroudn with that and click on random thing

    if in wii flow there was a way to block them from clicking that button and chnage it to nad then yes wii flow would be best option



    so far anyways still have an answer to stop some kid from delete the customs app anyways to lock them into a usb loader program??
    When you say "nad" I'm guessing you mean NAND. All you have to do is lock all the channels and HBC apps via the parental controls. But in answer to your question, no. It is not possible to completly lock someone into the USB loader (or any other app).
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  4. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    in which parental controls do u lock all the channels ??? the wii or wii flow becuase i didnt see any option in either ?? and every time i clicked on a channel it brought me to the hackme sceen when it about to install homebrew again ??

  5. #15
    Forum Administrator BluPhant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,357
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 722 Posts
    You don't lock channels. You just prevent getting to the system menu at all. By using priiloader hacks to have it boot/return to an alternative title.

    All your channels are still there. And usable. But your loader (if chosen correctly) will not allow it.

    -Blu

    Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.



  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    the guy above me told me to lock the channels ???

    i understand the concept of auto boot and return to but none of the usb laoder apps have parental controlls that stop kids from getting back into the wii menu

    and once again still no one has answered my question about the return to option in prii loader when i click return to: there was never an option for installed file ?? am i missing something

  7. #17
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
    the guy above me told me to lock the channels ???
    WiiFlow allows direct access to Wii channels and homebrew apps. Turning on parental controls will automatically lock the disable access to apps, but not channels. I'll have to see if it's possible to lock the channels.

    Quote Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
    i understand the concept of auto boot and return to but none of the usb laoder apps have parental controlls that stop kids from getting back into the wii menu
    Read my first post in this thread. And I have have said before, it will always be possible to get the the System Menu no matter what you do. Your goal is to limit the ways of doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
    and once again still no one has answered my question about the return to option in prii loader when i click return to: there was never an option for installed file ?? am i missing something
    Again, read my first post in this thread.
    Last edited by dniMretsaM; 01-30-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  8. #18
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    WiiFlow r118 will include the ability to disable direct access to channels. It should be out sometime later today. Combine that with the other advice I have already given you and you will be as close to completely blocking access to the System Menu as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •