Eh, what the hell, I'll throw another confirmation on the pile.
Unfortunately, I have none of the old controllers (got a Wii for christmas!), so I'll either have to find a workaround or wait for the devs, I guess. Kinda wanted to use Brawl-, but I guess that ain't gonna happen unless there's a homebrew that can apply the cheat thingies without requiring button input.
Not to be pushy, but any news about progress re: this? I'm not familiar with any of the guys at the top of the hierarchy (I guess?) here, so yeah.
i tried one more thing but this didn't work either
Just a FYI, I realize its overkill, but I plugged a Wii motion plus adapter into both pink and blue wii Remote plus remotes, and that didn't resolve the issue. I'm with the rest of the folks here that once you enter a game on USB Loader, then all remotes work fine.
old wii - dec 06
new black wiimotion - doesn't work
to play zelda i usually load it through homebrew with old wiimote, then take out battery and activate new motion plus controller.
need to figure out how to install wiigsc
Last edited by playerkp420; 12-27-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Reason: Use the edit button when adding more info and no has replied yet.
I wanted to post this information somewhere so that other people could find it.
I recently got LoZ:SS and a blue WM+ controller (LMA-RVL-WR/Z-C4) and was having tons of problems playing it. I found this post which had tons of useful information, but nobody seemed to be in my position.
Since the controller doesn't work in HBC or USB Loader GX I followed this guide which recommends using WiiGSC/Crap to create a forwarder for USB Loader GX to launch a game from the WBFS partition.
It worked at first, but then it wouldn't work anymore. It would just go to a black screen and then restart to the System Menu. After HOURS of troubleshooting I finally figured out what the problem was. If USB Loader GX is configured to use any theme other than the default (or it may be problems with specific themes) the forwarder won't work.
TL;DR: If you are using WiiGSC to launch a Motion+ game through USB Loader GX and it won't work, try setting the theme back to the default.
@princess slit: WiiGSC is an application that runs on Windows which you can use to create a forwarder for a game which will launch through a usb loader (like USB Loader GX or CFG Loader, etc).
For instance, my setup was like the following:
1) Install WiiGSC on windows.
2) Connect the hard drive containing the WBFS partition to the windows computer.
3) Select the appropriate partition from the dropdown, which will populate the list of games below.
4) Select a game and click on "Use For Channel Creation".
5) From the "Loader" dropdown, select "USB Loader GX forwarder".
6) Click "Create Channel". This will generate a WAD file.
7) Copy the wad file to your SD card and install using any wad manager (i.e. Multi-Mod Manager).
Then you'll have a new Wii channel for your game! If you are using USB Loader GX and find that launching the channel/forwarder restarts the system, try setting your USB Loader GX theme back to default (as mentioned above).
I also want to add that WiiGSC will also forward to WiiFlow games.
Last edited by TheInfamousTheft; 12-27-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Bought my wii at midnight of the original release, got a new Black Wiimotion remote last week, same issue, though I boot directly to CFGLoader.
I'm just happy it still works by switching remotes. Guess my post is a bump for the thread more than anything.
Same Trouble Here...
Got a new Wii for Christmas. It's the Black Mario Kart Edition. Bought an aditional black command. One will work, the other won't. I just don't know which one came with the system and which was bought, sorry :\
LMB-RVL-WR/Z-C4 WILL NOT WORK.
LMB RVL WR/H-C0 WORKS.
1 User Says Thank You capaman For This Useful Post
Same exact deal.
The Controller that I assume came with the console does not work, while the secondary controller that I bought does.
LMB-RVL-WR/Z-C4 : WILL NOT WORK.
LMB-RVL-WR/Z-C2 : WORKs
Updating this for those in a similar predicament. Remove the batteries from the controller that came with the console and then wait until the wii loads into the home screen, then sync the secondary controller. This may be obvious, I dunno as I've only had a wii for a couple of days. Bought it for my 3 year old for xmas.
Originally Posted by capaman
Last edited by phreaks; 12-28-2011 at 10:14 PM.
New white PAL Australian Wii, two new white Wii MotionPlus controllers (one came with the console, the other purchased a couple of weeks later, but before the console was set up). Softmodded using guide on this site (thanks!).
I have what seems to be a slightly different variation of the HBC problem:
(1) power on Wii, click A, Wiimote syncs as player 1
(2) start HBC, Wiimote deactivates
(3) point second Wiimote at screen and press A, it syncs as player 2 and the hand pointer appears with a 2 inside it
(4) start Wiiflow, player 1 still dead
(5) start a game, player 1 comes back to life, player 2 still synced (ie, everything is working).
(2) is intermittent. It didn't happen at all before I upgraded to component cables and switched from 50Hz to 60Hz / 480p (a total of two days). Since then, it happens maybe 80 per cent of the time (Wii has only been running since 25 Dec so hard to be precise). Wii was on 60 Hz / 480i / composite cables when it was modded. No idea if this is relevant - just thought I'd add my 2c worth of anecdata.
Tags for this Thread