Can only play games installed direct from disc...
I picked up a brand new "unhackable" Wii for Christmas. It came with 4.3u. I followed the steps in the 4.3u Softmod guide.
Any game that I put the disc in and "Intalled" works perfectly.
- 80GB USB Hard Drive, WBFS formatted
Any game that I transfer to the drive via WBFS Manager 3.0 (run under Windows 7 x86) will NOT run. Most just go black, some display the safty screen then go black.
I have searched and read and searched some more. I can't seem to find a solution.
What am I doing wrong?
Hard drive is compatible.
Tried using Configurable USB Loader, USB Loader GX, and WiiFlow.
Games that don't work... anything that I have... Wheel of Fortune, Any Donkey Kong, etc...
SysCheck just hangs at "checking for vulnerabilities"
Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-06-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Didn't ask for piracy support. Asked for help with my Wii..
Sorry, I used the wrong phrase. I have several discs that have been damaged by my 2yo. I have ISO backups of them. The rest of my discs are fine.
I used my origonal Wii (now dead, thanks to said 2yo) to make the backups.
\My issue is that I can not play the games that I restore from the ISO images, only the games that I extract from the discs.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
I know Windows 7 has alot of compatibility issues with alot of software. I would try and use Wii Backup Manager, as that is what I use with no problems on Windows 7 64bit
Click here for useful links
I started out using WBFS Manager 3.0 and a WBFS formatted drive, now I'm using Wii Backup Manager (latest) and a FAT32 drive. Running on Windows 7 32 bit.
Okay - I'm 99% fixed. I abandoned Windows like I should have and removed it from my Macbook Pro. using the "wit" tool I converted my iso's with wbfs. Doing that, they are almost all working fine except Toy Story Mania which keeps giving a DSI exception. Even when changing options in WiiFlow for this game it will dump to DSI.
It worked last night... I'm not sure what would have changed.
Nevermind All better now.
I made a typo while converting the ISO to wbfs. I Copy-Pasted the ID from WiiTDB, but it was the wrong code... It was R5IX4Q.wbfs when it should have been R5IE4Q.wbfs
I'm surprised that WiiFlow would have such a problem with the filename.