Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 4.3U wii with Netflix Channel - will softmod mess up Netflix

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    4.3U wii with Netflix Channel - will softmod mess up Netflix

    Hello, I'm a newbie. i'm about to softmod my 4.3U wii i got back last summer. My only concern is if using the softmod will mess up my Netflix Channel. I have no other devices connected to my TV to stream netflix, so I REALLYYYY don't want to mess up my Netflix set up. Has anyone on 4.3U with Netflix Channel done a softmod and not experienced any Netflix issues? thanks everyone

  2. #2
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miibaby View Post
    Hello, I'm a newbie. i'm about to softmod my 4.3U wii i got back last summer. My only concern is if using the softmod will mess up my Netflix Channel. I have no other devices connected to my TV to stream netflix, so I REALLYYYY don't want to mess up my Netflix set up. Has anyone on 4.3U with Netflix Channel done a softmod and not experienced any Netflix issues? thanks everyone
    Lol, Netflix will be fine.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I softmodded my 4.3 while Netflix channel was installed - nothing to worry about, literally, nothing changes!

  4. #4
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katieguns View Post
    I softmodded my 4.3 while Netflix channel was installed - nothing to worry about, literally, nothing changes!
    Joostin snickers and winks at Katieguns.
    Miibaby is in for a shocker!
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Joostin snickers and winks at Katieguns.
    Miibaby is in for a shocker!

    Ummmm ... That last line kinda worries me. I just softmodded my 4.3 u with a pre-existing netflix streaming account as well. What kind of shocker would you be referring to?
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snottyshirts View Post
    Ummmm ... That last line kinda worries me. I just softmodded my 4.3 u with a pre-existing netflix streaming account as well. What kind of shocker would you be referring to?
    Thanks
    Lol, I was joking. Netflix will not be affected by softmods at all.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about the scenario where you've successfully soft-modded a red (4.3) Wii, but want Netflix? How can I go about getting it? Is the Nintendo supported (Shop Channel?) method ok? Or do I need to go an alternate route (like a wad file)?

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    If you sofmodded a red wii, then you should have no problem getting on the shop channel, your Wii should be updated to the latest version of the shop channel. Just make sure you block disc and online updates in priiloader so no accidents (updates) happen. You will probably have to accept an agreement, but no not accept a system update if you see one. I recently softmodded two 4.3 Wii's and had no problem accessing the shop channel or playing the latest game from disc.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wonderful. Thank you Stomp. I was just worried that if I accessed the channel it my auto-update the Wii. I followed the 4.3 Guide on this site, so I should be good to go.

    Thanks again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •