Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Wii menu freeze when game is inserted

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Wii menu freeze when game is inserted

    Hey guys!
    My Wii menu 4.2 freezes when a game is inserted. It is definitely not a disc issue as it occurs with multiple games. It will proceed as normal for a few seconds and then freeze once it reads the disc. The only thing I can do is unplug it. I have a custom theme and crazy intro. Probably have it beyond any type of re-virginizing

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harri506 View Post
    Hey guys!
    My Wii menu 4.2 freezes when a game is inserted. It is definitely not a disc issue as it occurs with multiple games. It will proceed as normal for a few seconds and then freeze once it reads the disc. The only thing I can do is unplug it. I have a custom theme and crazy intro. Probably have it beyond any type of re-virginizing

    Thanks!
    Does it happen when you are in the HBC (or any place outside of the System Menu)?

    PS: You can just hold POWER down for 4 seconds instead of unplugging it.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just on the Wii menu itself e.g. I can run games once gecko or cfgusbloader has fully loaded. I have tried to hold the power button with no success. It freezes with a rather loud buzzing and the only thing i can do is unplug.

  4. #4
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harri506 View Post
    Just on the Wii menu itself e.g. I can run games once gecko or cfgusbloader has fully loaded. I have tried to hold the power button with no success. It freezes with a rather loud buzzing and the only thing i can do is unplug.
    Does the buzzing come from the Wii or from the TV speakers?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It comes from the TV speakers. It plays the normal system menu music then once the disc has been in the drive for about 7 seconds it freezes.
    P.S. Thanks for the quick response! You guys are the best forum I have ever seen!

  6. #6
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harri506 View Post
    It comes from the TV speakers. It plays the normal system menu music then once the disc has been in the drive for about 7 seconds it freezes.
    P.S. Thanks for the quick response! You guys are the best forum I have ever seen!
    Hmm, I figured it would be the DVD drive. Let me do some searching and I will get back to you.

    PS: I am the forum!
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The DVD drive plays games and movies perfectly in case it helps. Wondering if it could be a bad ios but dont know where it went wrong. When I load cfgusbloader, it says my base is ios 249 [FRAG]. I run homebrew on 58 used to be 62. Some games I run on 222mload

  8. #8
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    PS: I am the forum!

  9. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  10. #9
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Try removing any USB devices, GC controllers, memory cards, and the SD card. Do a cold reboot (full shutdown and power up) and see if it still happens.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  11. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    No cigar

    Still freezes with everything removed. It does shut down after holding power button though. Guess I just hadn't tried that recently

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •