Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Firmware upgrade/ downgrade - real help -real problems- real solutions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Firmware upgrade/ downgrade - real help -real problems- real solutions

    if have Firmware 3.1
    How do i get to System Menu 3.2?


    Can somebody please help!!!
    Last edited by sheek; 11-30-2008 at 04:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Retired Site Artist
    zerosyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    http://www.wiihacks.com/faq-guides-t...html#post39124


    Here you go, and you don't even need a disc! (:


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosyko View Post
    http://www.wiihacks.com/faq-guides-t...html#post39124


    Here you go, and you don't even need a disc! (:

    Thanks for the reply friend.


    what files/folders do i need on my SD Card.. as i think he posted the wrong files in the Ultimate Update thread!!!
    Last edited by sheek; 11-30-2008 at 04:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Retired Site Artist
    zerosyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    Your SD card should look like this...

    Root-----> Apps -------> *Folder of app name, let's say updater* ----> Boot.dol

    It has to be named boot.dol, though by the look of it, it is.


  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Retired Site Artist
    zerosyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    If all else fails, there ARE no games with a 3.2 update, so you'll have to follow these instructions:


    First you need Wii Update Manager (wum.talevas.com)

    Open it and select your region, click on refresh, update list, or something similar.

    Open the update list and click on the 3.2B and then download.

    Then you need an iso from any game.

    Open it with WUM and then select 3.2 Update on list and click replace.

    After this just burn the ISO with 3.2 update.


    Good luck!


  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thank you zero for the help.. it is really appreciated.. like i said im kinda stuck.

    so im gonna take that file(boot.dol).. put it in like this:
    SDcard(root):\Apps\Updater\boot.dol

    will that work then?
    Last edited by sheek; 11-30-2008 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Retired Site Artist
    zerosyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    Yes, that should make it work.


  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosyko View Post
    If all else fails, there ARE no games with a 3.2 update, so you'll have to follow these instructions:


    First you need Wii Update Manager (wum.talevas.com)

    Open it and select your region, click on refresh, update list, or something similar.

    Open the update list and click on the 3.2B and then download.

    Then you need an iso from any game.

    Open it with WUM and then select 3.2 Update on list and click replace.

    After this just burn the ISO with 3.2 update.


    Good luck!
    Yo bro, sry to miss this post!!!
    I think(have a feelin) this is exactly what i needed!!! I think i will work on this,

    just with the iso part, i am not too sure.
    Lets say im gonna update to 3.2B (not 3.2U????) with Wii Update Manager like u said. I think i should be able to handle this.

    But what do i need afterwards... a ISO backup copy(doesnt matter what game/how old/region)???? or are u talkin bout IOS wad/files. im lost on this part.
    thanks, agian..

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Retired Site Artist
    zerosyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheek View Post
    Yo bro, sry to miss this post!!!
    I think(have a feelin) this is exactly what i needed!!! I think i will work on this,

    just with the iso part, i am not too sure.
    Lets say im gonna update to 3.2B (not 3.2U????) with Wii Update Manager like u said. I think i should be able to handle this.

    But what do i need afterwards... a ISO backup copy(doesnt matter what game/how old/region)???? or are u talkin bout IOS wad/files. im lost on this part.
    thanks, agian..
    I'd reccommend trying the homebrew route, as I think the directories will work now.

    If that doesn't work, and you decide to go this route, then no, the game, region, and age of the game doesn't matter. The program patches an ISO file, which you then burn to a disc. Then the disc channel, upon running, will ask you to update the console, and voila!


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thank you zero for the info!!!
    Last edited by sheek; 11-30-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •