Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Older Retail Disc's working but Not Newer Retail Disc's

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Older Retail Disc's working but Not Newer Retail Disc's

    I have a soft-modded Wii running on version 4.2U and all games load off the hard drive just fine but any new retail disc won't work, I just get a black screen. Older retail disc games seem to work fine. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    What guide did you follow? Post a syscheck found here. Open the syscheck.csv file with WordPad NOT Notepad and paste the results here.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I followed Shadowsonic's guide, Softmod for ANY 4.2 Wii!. I actually did this to a friends Wii so I'm gonna have to call him to get the sysCheck. I'll post back later. Thank You!

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I finally got over to my buddy's place and was able to try this. First thing, sysCheck just locks up at about 3/4 of the way through so I then tried DOP-Mii v12. When I run "scan the Wii's internals" it stops at
    "IOS56 (rev 5661),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disab led,Disabled"
    and just stays there and does nothing else. Does anyone have any ideas?

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Marysville,WA
    Posts
    509
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 78 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibrok View Post
    I have a soft-modded Wii running on version 4.2U and all games load off the hard drive just fine but any new retail disc won't work, I just get a black screen. Older retail disc games seem to work fine. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks in advance.
    When was the last time the drive was used, maybe it's gone t--s up

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcmurray76 View Post
    When was the last time the drive was used, maybe it's gone t--s up
    Honestly how could that be the problem? The drive works fine. It's reading older titles just fine, just not newer ones. I saw someone else post on this topic but he never got a response because he never posted his syscheck.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibrok View Post
    So I finally got over to my buddy's place and was able to try this. First thing, sysCheck just locks up at about 3/4 of the way through so I then tried DOP-Mii v12. When I run "scan the Wii's internals" it stops at
    "IOS56 (rev 5661),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disab led,Disabled"
    and just stays there and does nothing else. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Okay this can be fixed. Start by installing IOS55-64-v5406.rar (extract and install with wad manager). This should fix the syscheck freezing (If it doesn't....Try installing IOS53-64-v5406.rar).

    Don't Uninstall ANY IOS....just install and it will overwrite.

    The reason your new games give you a black screen from disk...you are most likely missing a few IOS. (They work from USB because the USB Loader only uses your cIOS). This is my thinking based on your description.... post the syscheck and I will take a look.
    Last edited by Krank; 09-14-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •