Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 541

Thread: Update the Shopping Channel to v20 [Guide]

  1. #221
    New Member Homebrewhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This dident work

  2. #222
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewhack View Post
    This dident work
    Then you did it wrong.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


  4. #223
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wii with v3.3 U software

    Will updating the Shopping Channel on my v3.3U Wii allow me to download applications in the Shopping Channel (ex: Netflix). I am most interested in dowloading Netflix now that it has a discless option.

    Will this help me do this. I want to make sure I don't brick my Wii but installing the shopping channel that was made for future versions of the Wii system software.

  5. #224
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
    Will updating the Shopping Channel on my v3.3U Wii allow me to download applications in the Shopping Channel (ex: Netflix). I am most interested in dowloading Netflix now that it has a discless option.

    Will this help me do this. I want to make sure I don't brick my Wii but installing the shopping channel that was made for future versions of the Wii system software.
    Yes it will allow you to use the channel and download things just like normal.

    This will NOT brick your wii.

    I do recommend that you follow the softmod any wii guide by mauifrog or softmod for 3.0-4.2 Wiis by Cile so you can update to 4.1, install priiloader and block online and disc updates and also install updated/missing IOS/cIOS files.

    3.3 is not a good system menu to be on. 4.1 is the best system menu to have (and likely always will be).
    Last edited by Krank; 12-14-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


  7. #225
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Yes it will allow you to use the channel and download things just like normal.

    This will NOT brick your wii.

    I do recommend that you follow the softmod any wii guide by mauifrog or softmod for 3.0-4.2 Wiis by Cile so you can update to 4.1, install priiloader and block online and disc updates and also install updated/missing IOS/cIOS files.

    3.3 is not a good system menu to be on. 4.1 is the best system menu to have (and likely always will be).
    Thanks Krank for the very quick response. I will consider upgrading my Wii to system menu 4.1.

  8. #226
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    System Menu 4.1U installed successfully

    Krank. I took your advice and updated my Wii from System Menu 3.3U to 4.1U successfully to be current. I love the "softmod for 3.0-4.2 Wiis by Cile" guide since it is very thorough and the steps were very easy to follow to avoid errors. Also the files were packaged nicely so people don't have to download a bunch of files and put them together.

    After installing System Menu 4.1U, I was able to install the shopping channel fix in the original thread and was able to download the Netflix channel successfully. Thanks again for all your help.
    Last edited by ericdabbs; 12-15-2010 at 11:04 PM.

  9. #227
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Glad to hear it went well and the guide was easy to follow
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


  11. #228
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewhack View Post
    This dident work
    Have you chosen your country in the configuration Wii menu?

  12. #229
    New Member Homebrewhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jesquinas View Post
    Have you chosen your country in the configuration Wii menu?
    Yes.it says it failed and i did all the steps perfecly

    and this is also to krank.

  13. #230
    New Member ministr8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Deep dirty south
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    thx heaps for the easy guide mate! im on 4.3u red wii and randomly chose ios 236 since i ive tried 249 for other things and it never worked. worked like a charm and now have my netflix installed

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •