Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MPlayer CE & partitioned USB hard drive issue

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy MPlayer CE & partitioned USB hard drive issue

    MPlayer CE seems to have an issue finding my FAT32/NTFS (listed both because ive tried both formats with same result) partition on the USB hard drive i use. its partitioned so that usb loader can read the game backups, which required the RAW format. (was getting the same result from usbloader when i had the raw format drive as the 2nd partition so i switched them to get that to work)

    it seems to only find it 10% of the time. i get a message stating no FAT32/NTFS is mounted. if i exit out and load a game backup through usbloader then exit and try MPlayer CE again it seems to have a greater chance of finding the drive. but.. other times it takes me reseting the wii several times and trying it before it eventually finds the drive.

    does anyone know a better way to point MPlayer CE, or GX usb loader in the right direction? im not seeing any option to point it to a drive letter.

    partitions just seem to be a headache for the wii all together.

    any help when someone gets a chance is greatly appreciated.

    also, i have tried MPlayer CE versions 0.70 and 0.76 with same result.

  2. #2
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirate View Post
    MPlayer CE seems to have an issue finding my FAT32/NTFS (listed both because ive tried both formats with same result) partition on the USB hard drive i use. its partitioned so that usb loader can read the game backups, which required the RAW format. (was getting the same result from usbloader when i had the raw format drive as the 2nd partition so i switched them to get that to work)
    Why RAW Format... Where did you see that...

    go here for help http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-usb-hdd.html

    Last edited by emuhack; 02-10-2010 at 08:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    when using WBFS manager, when it goes to load the drive it tells me it needs to be formated so i format it.. then it comes up as RAW in My Computer and i cant do anything with it unless i reformat it. leaving it as RAW lets WBFS manager load the drive and transfer the games.

    i tried to put the backups on the drive before using WBFS and they never worked.

  4. #4
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Dont leave it in RAW format....

    You have to leave it in WBFS and YES your computer will not recongnize it.... when windows comes up and says that you have to format to work with just ignore it and load WBFS manager and load the games and then eject the drive and load it up on the wii... and if you want search the forum for how to partiiton for wiiware/vc and wii games all in one...


  5. #5
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    I could be wrong but when you go to computer managment and disk managment the WBFS drive will show up on the computer as RAW format. Thats what mine does even though it is in WBFS format.

  6. #6
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    yes i understand..... but the thing is this:

    1. Windows does not Recognize the WBFS format and defaults to display RAW in the Disk Management...

    2. Your WBFS Manager will see the WBFS Partiiton and work from there...

    leaving it as RAW lets WBFS manager load the drive and transfer the games.
    so saying that is correct and incorrect... it is not in RAW its WBFS but windows just thinks it is because it does not read WBFS


  7. #7
    Member lfc4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 368 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirate View Post
    does anyone know a better way to point MPlayer CE, or GX usb loader in the right direction? im not seeing any option to point it to a drive letter.

    partitions just seem to be a headache for the wii all together.

    any help when someone gets a chance is greatly appreciated.

    also, i have tried MPlayer CE versions 0.70 and 0.76 with same result.
    Which is why when you need more than games, WBFS has to be a fail.

    If you can, and wish to remove yourself of all the headaches between windows not reading the WBFS and you have the time and you can get all the games back that you may lose - reformat the whole lot into a single FAT32 partition and put anything you want on then, scrubbed games, movies, TV, MP3, WiiWare EMUs & ROMS, etc, then everytime you plug it into the Wii or the PC, none of them will complain.

    Read these threads for good reading:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...le-answer.html

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...ard-drive.html

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...s-manager.html

    You can do better than WBFS/WBFS Manager & USB Loader GX - you just need showing the chosen path
    Last edited by lfc4ever; 02-10-2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Please remember your manners - say Thank You if someone helped , it doesn't hurt

  8. 1 User Says Thank You lfc4ever For This Useful Post


  9. #8
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
    yes i understand..... but the thing is this:

    1. Windows does not Recognize the WBFS format and defaults to display RAW in the Disk Management...

    2. Your WBFS Manager will see the WBFS Partiiton and work from there...



    so saying that is correct and incorrect... it is not in RAW its WBFS but windows just thinks it is because it does not read WBFS

    Ya thats what I was saying. It shows up as RAW in windows because windows doesn't recognize WBFS. Thanks for clearing that up.

    cheers

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc4ever View Post
    Which is why when you need more than games, WBFS has to be a fail.

    If you can, and wish to remove yourself of all the headaches between windows not reading the WBFS and you have the time and you can get all the games back that you may lose - reformat the whole lot into a single FAT32 partition and put anything you want on then, scrubbed games, movies, TV, MP3, WiiWare EMUs & ROMS, etc, then everytime you plug it into the Wii or the PC, none of them will complain.

    Read these threads for good reading:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...le-answer.html

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...ard-drive.html

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...s-manager.html

    You can do better than WBFS/WBFS Manager & USB Loader GX - you just need showing the chosen path
    good to know. im not sure why my original format wouldnt allow me to run game backups. i saw a fix for it was to just use WBFS and assumed it was the only solution. if there is no need for partitions id much rather do without.

    thanks for clearing that up and thank you for the links

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    I could be wrong but when you go to computer managment and disk managment the WBFS drive will show up on the computer as RAW format. Thats what mine does even though it is in WBFS format.
    and thats exactly where i was reading RAW from.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •