Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: 1.5Tb HHD & Wiiflow problem!!! *URGENT HELP NEEDED*

  1. #1
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Question 1.5Tb HHD & Wiiflow problem!!! *URGENT HELP NEEDED*

    Hi all,

    I hope someone can help me out b4 xmas day as im doing this as a present!

    I have softmodded my sons 4.2e. (no probs following a guide)
    I have homebrew with gx loader on it and I also have the wiiflow channel (what a lovelly channel ).

    Now, to test the wiiflow i had to have a usb drive so tried with an 8GB stick which was formatted by WBFS Manager 3 (another great piece of kit) and also put some iso's on there to test.

    All worked and still works ok with the 8GB stick.(title music included)

    So I went and got a 1.5TB HHD thinking more space for games.

    After formatting with WBFS Manager 3 i started to load some of the iso's that i already had on the 8GB stick, onto the 1.5TB drive from the pc.

    It looked like they were all going on the drive fine.

    Plugged the 1.5TB in the wii and started wiiflow.

    Now, I can see all the games on there (after downloading all the covers) but when i select a title to load up, (1) I now dont get any title music (2) when i select play the wii resets itself.

    I have tried to change the ios for the game (wiiflow comes with the selection of playing them in default, 222, 223, 249, 250) and no joy!

    The 8GB stick worked fine with default settings, except for one game i had to change to 222, then that worked.

    What is going on????????

    Can anyone help me please, as like i said i am trying to get this sorted for xmas present.

    Many thanks for reading this.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is exactly what mine did but if I installed Neogamma 8 as a channel then everything worked fine.

    USB loader GX also looks good and you can download all the covers for this too.

    Might be easier to try one of these probably USB loader GX as it looks almost as good as Wiiflow and then play around with Wiiflow after Xmas when you have more time available to sort the issue with Wiiflow ?

    Hope this helps

  3. 1 User Says Thank You JimEvo2 For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Are you sure your external is supported and can be used with a wii?

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Iamlegend For This Useful Post


  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Do make sure your drive is compatible. Here's a list:USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    Also make sure you're using OpenWiiflow, which has updates beyond the abandoned original Wiiflow project.

    If it is compatible, and you are using the latest revision of Wiiflow, then this is the third post I've read since yesterday with games becoming corrupted transferring directly from a usb device straight to another usb device. I'm starting to wonder if it really is what's causing this issue. Try moving the games from your stick to the computer first, then transfer them again directly to the larger drive from your pc. If this works please post that it does, as I'm curious about this now.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  7. 3 Users Say Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post


  8. #5
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,471
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    i would go with the USB Loader GX... i have had 100% compatibility (even NSMB) with the channel version r815... DL HERE

    when you load the loader, go into the settings and make sure that you have the 002 fix on and then at the main menu press the 1 button on the wiimote and it will bring up a menu to dl covers for all the games that are on the WBFS drive... works great and the gui is so easy to use...

  9. 2 Users Say Thank You to emuhack For This Useful Post


  10. #6
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,471
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    then this is the third post I've read since yesterday with games becoming corrupted transferring directly from a usb device straight to another usb device. I'm starting to wonder if it really is what's causing this issue.
    i had that problem with cloning and transfering straight from 2 WBFS drives that the game worked on my FD and then x-fer it to the HDD and it not work... then i put it on the computer then to the HDD and it worked... so im going to say that that there is a problem there...


  11. 2 Users Say Thank You to emuhack For This Useful Post


  12. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
    i had that problem with cloning and transfering straight from 2 WBFS drives that the game worked on my FD and then x-fer it to the HDD and it not work... then i put it on the computer then to the HDD and it worked... so im going to say that that there is a problem there...


    I aswell I tried to clone a USB stick to an SD card using WBFS Manager....
    Once ISO was on SD card it could no longer be read...I had to transfer ISO to PC than ISO to SD card.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You Iamlegend For This Useful Post


  14. #8
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Aaaaaarrrrrggggggh ! !

    RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEvo2 View Post
    This is exactly what mine did but if I installed Neogamma 8 as a channel then everything worked fine.

    USB loader GX also looks good and you can download all the covers for this too.

    Might be easier to try one of these probably USB loader GX as it looks almost as good as Wiiflow and then play around with Wiiflow after Xmas when you have more time available to sort the issue with Wiiflow ?

    Hope this helps
    Hi Jim,

    I have tried it with usb loader GX via homebrew and still no joy. ive also just tried the channel version and still no joy. Also downloaded and installed, via homebrew's wad manager 1.3, neogamma 8 but still no joy!




    RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
    Are you sure your external is supported and can be used with a wii?
    Hi Legend,

    Yes I have checked that my Verbatim 47513 1.5TB HDD USB 2.0 via USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp Doesnt say compatible with wiiflow but i have also tried it with usb loader GX via homebrew and still no joy.

  15. #9
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    Do make sure your drive is compatible. Here's a list:USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    Also make sure you're using OpenWiiflow, which has updates beyond the abandoned original Wiiflow project.

    If it is compatible, and you are using the latest revision of Wiiflow, then this is the third post I've read since yesterday with games becoming corrupted transferring directly from a usb device straight to another usb device. I'm starting to wonder if it really is what's causing this issue. Try moving the games from your stick to the computer first, then transfer them again directly to the larger drive from your pc. If this works please post that it does, as I'm curious about this now.
    Hi Ithian,

    I have checked compatability and its ok.

    As for openwiiflow from your link. i cant sem to get a .wad download. it only seems to say .ico to download?

    I have put the games on from the pc to the big drive not from the stick to the drive.

  16. #10
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
    i would go with the USB Loader GX... i have had 100% compatibility (even NSMB) with the channel version r815... DL HERE

    when you load the loader, go into the settings and make sure that you have the 002 fix on and then at the main menu press the 1 button on the wiimote and it will bring up a menu to dl covers for all the games that are on the WBFS drive... works great and the gui is so easy to use...
    Hi Emuhack,

    am gunna try this version now. will post bk in min.

    and i have no problem with covers and all that just the loading of the games via wiiflow or usbloader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •