Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: 1.5Tb HHD & Wiiflow problem!!! *URGENT HELP NEEDED*

  1. #11
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin House View Post
    Hi Emuhack,

    am gunna try this version now. will post bk in min.

    and i have no problem with covers and all that just the loading of the games via wiiflow or usbloader
    RE: update : still no joy with the version of GX you posted mate.

    I really cant undrstand why it all works on the small drive but not the big one.

  2. #12
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    ok (ugggggggggggggggg)

    when you dl the file it came in like 25 rar files right.... well i would extract a "fresh iso" to somewhere else then where you have the current one... then use that fresh ISO to load on the WBFS... try that

  3. 1 User Says Thank You emuhack For This Useful Post


  4. #13
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
    ok (ugggggggggggggggg)

    when you dl the file it came in like 25 rar files right.... well i would extract a "fresh iso" to somewhere else then where you have the current one... then use that fresh ISO to load on the WBFS... try that
    Hi Emuhack,

    Thanks for getting back to me. yes the games i have had come in 25 or so files and yes they were extracted as a fresh iso then transfered onto the large HD with WBFS

    funny thing is that i have tried a few of the games on 8GB stick as well as on the 1.5TB drive and the only ones that works is the 8GB one.......


    * * NEWSFLASH * *

    I have to pop out for a couple of hours right now but please ANYONE with any ideas or a solution please message me here. or if you dont mind me ringing you (on a landline, coz its free) so you can guide me through any processes please PM me!

    ps. ALL CONVERSATIONS VIA PHONE WILL BE IN CONFIDENCE.

  5. #14
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin House View Post
    Hi Emuhack,

    Thanks for getting back to me. yes the games i have had come in 25 or so files and yes they were extracted as a fresh iso then transfered onto the large HD with WBFS

    funny thing is that i have tried a few of the games on 8GB stick as well as on the 1.5TB drive and the only ones that works is the 8GB one.......


    * * NEWSFLASH * *

    I have to pop out for a couple of hours right now but please ANYONE with any ideas or a solution please message me here. or if you dont mind me ringing you (on a landline, coz its free) so you can guide me through any processes please PM me!

    ps. ALL CONVERSATIONS VIA PHONE WILL BE IN CONFIDENCE.
    i want you to try to extract it again and put the "fresh iso" on the drive not one one that has been going back and forth...

    try that and post when you are back....

  6. 1 User Says Thank You emuhack For This Useful Post


  7. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, I think you should really borrow some other external drive and try with it. It might very well be a malfunction of your 1.5T hdd, and there's nothing to be done about that.

    I have an iomega prestige 500gb hdd and is kind of loose on the miniusb part of the cable, so I have to bite the miniusb jack a little sometimes (or just use some tweezers) to make it fit tight.

    Also, dont forget you must plug your hdd on the bottom usb port.

    As emuhack said, it would be convenient to start from the beginning.

    Take your hd, reformat it (wbfs of course) and transfer a new fresh iso onto it using your favorite wbfs manager (I use wiithon for linux and love it!).

    Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by gaboalonso; 12-22-2009 at 10:07 AM.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You gaboalonso For This Useful Post


  9. #16
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Hey guys,

    Thanks for all your help earlier. After reading another post somewhere on here (i think) someone had exactly the same trouble as me. Games where there on the HD but not loading so their solution was to partitioned their drive into 2 parts
    ie: 997GB WBFS & 400 GB NTSC

    It worked for them after with no problems.

    Just seems a bit of a waste of drive space that could be used for WBFS files(which was the intention to have a 1.5TB drive just for WBFS) but then you could keep the iso's on that partition? A thought !

    Another thought....... Does this mean that using usb loaders, eg: Wiiflow Starlight edition and usb loader gx, that they only capable of understanding up to 1TB HD's?????

    Well I have partitioned the drive pretty much the same as they did keeping it just under 1TB for WBFS and the other NTSC. Formatted the WBFS primary section with WBFS manager and put an ISO on there and the game works absaloutly fine!

    Will keep you posted if any more news and if i can help with anyone elses problems.

    Big thanks marked to all :-)

  10. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin House View Post
    Hey guys,

    Thanks for all your help earlier. After reading another post somewhere on here (i think) someone had exactly the same trouble as me. Games where there on the HD but not loading so their solution was to partitioned their drive into 2 parts
    ie: 997GB WBFS & 400 GB NTSC

    It worked for them after with no problems.

    Just seems a bit of a waste of drive space that could be used for WBFS files(which was the intention to have a 1.5TB drive just for WBFS) but then you could keep the iso's on that partition? A thought !

    Another thought....... Does this mean that using usb loaders, eg: Wiiflow Starlight edition and usb loader gx, that they only capable of understanding up to 1TB HD's?????

    Well I have partitioned the drive pretty much the same as they did keeping it just under 1TB for WBFS and the other NTSC. Formatted the WBFS primary section with WBFS manager and put an ISO on there and the game works absaloutly fine!

    Will keep you posted if any more news and if i can help with anyone elses problems.

    Big thanks marked to all :-)
    you can make another partition about 4gb and format it to fat 16 or 32. So the wiiflow can safe the game cover on it that way you no need to put your sd card in the wii.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You landmark For This Useful Post


  12. #18
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by landmark View Post
    you can make another partition about 4gb and format it to fat 16 or 32. So the wiiflow can safe the game cover on it that way you no need to put your sd card in the wii.
    Ahhhhh...... Nice thinking Landmark

    Is there a special way to change the path of the save game covers from the sd card to the 4GB partition of the HD??

  13. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    There is on usb loader gx, dunno if it can be done in wiiflow

  14. 1 User Says Thank You gaboalonso For This Useful Post


  15. #20
    Junior Member Smokin House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Smokinhouseville
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaboalonso View Post
    There is on usb loader gx, dunno if it can be done in wiiflow

    Well ALL is going good right now......phew

    No prob with HD since partition.
    Also partitioned the NTFS so i now have just over 4GB as FAT32.

    Copied everything that was on the SD card (including the homebrew stuff) and it seems to automaticly direct and load everything now to and from the HD.

    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •