Noobie Wii owner needs help badly
Hi so my parents recently purchased a modded wii in HK. I have very little knowledge in the limitations of what i can do with my wii. And now i m stuck with a problem and i hope someone can gimme some pointers on how to fix it.
Basic info about my console: its a JAP version at firmware v3.1j iirc. I have no idea what modship the shop used because i wasnt there to personally oversee the mod.
Steps leading to the problem:
1.Burnt Mario Party 8 ISO USA on to a dvd, went to play with it. It required me to update the console as far as i can tell, and i did. (i didnt know anything about another region's disc and the possibility of it bricking it).
2.The game played fine luckily and i had fun with it for a little while.
3. Then i burnt Mario Kart USA and put it in the wii. It required to update the firmware again, i got a little scared so i resetted the thing and ejected the thing before i confirmed the update.
4. I reburnt mario kart USA AFTER using the wii brick blocker (pre R2). I put it in the console, and then it errors. It gives the message to eject the disc, reset and try again etc etc.
5. Problem is, the machine wont eject the disc. I tried every possible imagination of button combinations to try and eject it. Until finally, after a final desperation of button mashing, the disc somehow came out.
6. I then played it safe and decided to put Mario Party 8 in because it worked prior.
7. The machine errored again, and the disc is stuck again.
I have no idea whats going on, i m assuming the update by Mario Party 8 USA or possibly the attempted-update by Mario Kart USA screwd up the firm ware.
Can someone please give me a way to unbrick it and any pointers on getting the disc out?
Thanks a lot, appreciate it.