Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Problem with Hermes 222 and USB loader GX hell - extremely confused, need help

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Problem with Hermes 222 and USB loader GX hell - extremely confused, need help

    I'm on softmodded 4.1U with USB Loader GX, cios rev 14, and I thought i had this all pretty well figured out, that is until I was attempting to fix the SSBB after kirby fight error and started messing around with Hermes 222 hell. I've been through about 20 guides already and am not getting very far, so if someone could help with any of the following questions, I'd appreciate it.

    1) In the guide for installing Hermes, there is a step that says "Also copy src/uloader/resources/ehcmodule.elf to sd:/USB-Loader/ehcmodule3.elf * Note the change in filename". What is the point of this step and does it matter if I skipped it (because I did).

    2) Hermes installation put a file called 00000001 (with 3 subfolders) on my SD card. What is the point of this folder and do I need to keep it on there?

    3) After doing this, I tied out uLoader and it put some config file on my USB drive. I used WBFS manager to remove this file and decided never to bother with uloader over usb laoder gx again. Did deletign that file hurt anything?

    4) I usually use a channel forwarder to load USB Loader GX, but I decided once to load it through the HBC. Whenever I do that I get a code message saying "IOS236 not found, reloading into 36" and some other stuff, then the program loads. It never does that when using the forwarder. What does all of this mean?

    5) Also, when launching from the HBC, the info on the load screen says version 1.0 r815. Well, when I go into the credits once I'm in the program, it shows I'm on r866 (which I did manually by replacing the boot.dol in the app folder). Why are these different?

    6) After all this, when I now change the IOS to from 249 to 222 for SSBB, I get to the same part, and after beating Kirby, instead of getting the error message, I now get a black screen. So basically, did i do something wrong with Hermes or what? I'm incredibly lost at this point.

  2. #2
    New Member Soapyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 76 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf View Post
    1) In the guide for installing Hermes, there is a step that says "Also copy src/uloader/resources/ehcmodule.elf to sd:/USB-Loader/ehcmodule3.elf * Note the change in filename". What is the point of this step and does it matter if I skipped it (because I did).

    This is for loading Uloader and can be skipped if using Gx

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf2
    Hermes installation put a file called 00000001 (with 3 subfolders) on my SD card. What is the point of this folder and do I need to keep it on there?
    This is required for the updating of Hermes 202 using 38. Without it your required to have internet access setup so it can download the files to your SD card. Since you have them already you can save yourself that step.

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf3
    After doing this, I tied out uLoader and it put some config file on my USB drive. I used WBFS manager to remove this file and decided never to bother with uloader over usb laoder gx again. Did deletign that file hurt anything?
    That would have been uloader specific and should be safe to delete.

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf
    4) I usually use a channel forwarder to load USB Loader GX, but I decided once to load it through the HBC. Whenever I do that I get a code message saying "IOS236 not found, reloading into 36" and some other stuff, then the program loads. It never does that when using the forwarder. What does all of this mean?
    Seems to be trying to load using IOS236 ? Not sure but it's in the bug report for GX Found Here

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf
    5) Also, when launching from the HBC, the info on the load screen says version 1.0 r815. Well, when I go into the credits once I'm in the program, it shows I'm on r866 (which I did manually by replacing the boot.dol in the app folder). Why are these different?
    Simply it's getting that info from the meta.xml in the folder. If you want you can change the revision of that meta.xml but really that isn't necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf
    6) After all this, when I now change the IOS to from 249 to 222 for SSBB, I get to the same part, and after beating Kirby, instead of getting the error message, I now get a black screen. So basically, did i do something wrong with Hermes or what? I'm incredibly lost at this point.
    Personaly had no issues running SSBB with the defaults under GX loader. You may need to reload hermes again. Then again I ripped mine from an orginal disc.

    Hermes install recommendations. Although this could be incorrect but it's what I have on my wii.
    -ios202, for usb - using ios38 (needed for USB2.0 support at Media Players)
    -ios222, for uloader - using ios38 (needed for USB support of instruments and stuff)
    -ios223 mainly for GH5 - using ios38 merged with 37 (same as above)
    Last edited by Soapyjoe; 12-17-2009 at 03:18 PM.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Soapyjoe For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks a lot for the response. Yeah I thought I could run SSBB with 249 from the GX loader fine, but then I tried the thing that everyone else said was crashing it (beating Kirby after the first stage of the emissary mode) and behold - crashed. Have you got passed this part with no problems with your settings? FYI, I also ripped SSBB from my original disc. I'll delete the first rip and try again just to be sure. I just reinstalled Hermes and 222/223 still don't help. The mission to get this game working has been epic.

    One more thing; after Hermes has finished installing, is it ok to delete the 00000001 folder and contents it put on your SD card for the installation?

  5. #4
    New Member Soapyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 76 Times in 60 Posts
    yes it's fine to delete. Personally I haven't played too much of SSBB my boys were never interested in it. I'll have a go this evening and see if I can get it going. At least now if your looking to play GH5 it should work perfect for you :P Do you stil have the orginal disc ? If so you could use the disc method to get past that section.

  6. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapyjoe View Post
    yes it's fine to delete. Personally I haven't played too much of SSBB my boys were never interested in it. I'll have a go this evening and see if I can get it going. At least now if your looking to play GH5 it should work perfect for you :P Do you stil have the orginal disc ? If so you could use the disc method to get past that section.
    Yeah I myself don't even really like this game either - at this point, solving the problem is more interesting than the actual game haha. I do have the original disc still, but I know this can be solved somehow.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Make sure you are using Hermes cIOS installer v4 to install IOS222, USB Loader GX r815 or r866 will not support IOS222 from Hermes cIOS installer v3 or older. You may want to try the wad install, look at my signature for that.

  8. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Make sure you are using Hermes cIOS installer v4 to install IOS222, USB Loader GX r815 or r866 will not support IOS222 from Hermes cIOS installer v3 or older. You may want to try the wad install, look at my signature for that.
    I'm on 866 and i installed 222 v4. If I wanted to try and install the wad version over the version i already have via online method, will that harm anything? And does that wad also install 223 as well as 222?

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorwolf View Post
    I'm on 866 and i installed 222 v4. If I wanted to try and install the wad version over the version i already have via online method, will that harm anything? And does that wad also install 223 as well as 222?
    If you have wifi then ignore the IOS222.wad, I did a wifi install and it worked great. Your problem must be somewhere else. All I did was install the IOS222 and IOS223, i didn't mess with the ehcmodule3.elf, if I had any problems with IOS222 then I'd a thought about the ehcmodule3.elf .

    If I had your problem, I would remove the USB Loader GX frowarder, and the USB Loader GX boot.dol from the Sd card, and redownload both of them making sure that you get the latest forwarder to go with the latest version of GX. Then if that didn't work try reinstalling the cIOS38 rev14. Also, if you have any USB Loader GX channels installed to your Wii, remove them too.

    And somethimes the latest version of GX is meant to fix something but breaks something else, you may also try reverting back to a version of USB Loader GX that has worked for you in the past.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 12-17-2009 at 06:25 PM.

  10. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    If you have wifi then ignore the IOS222.wad, I did a wifi install and it worked great. Your problem must be somewhere else. All I did was install the IOS222 and IOS223, i didn't mess with the ehcmodule3.elf, if I had any problems with IOS222 then I'd a thought about the ehcmodule3.elf .

    If I had your problem, I would remove the USB Loader GX frowarder, and the USB Loader GX boot.dol from the Sd card, and redownload both of them making sure that you get the latest forwarder to go with the latest version of GX. Then if that didn't work try reinstalling the cIOS38 rev14. Also, if you have any USB Loader GX channels installed to your Wii, remove them too.

    And somethimes the latest version of GX is meant to fix something but breaks something else, you may also try reverting back to a version of USB Loader GX that has worked for you in the past.
    I did all of that and to no avail. I've searched the web through for days and am surprised that the root of this problem hasn't been pinpointed. It seems like the Hermes thing works for only half of the people, and not exactly sure why. I wonder if it has to do with the different models of the Wii. For people like myself that are using USB Loader GX to directly install the game to HDD from disc, I wonder if it has to do with what version of GX you are using to rip the game. The next thing I may try is to rip the image of the game to my computer (which I still haven't figured out how to do) and use WBFS Manager to add the game to the HDD.

  11. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    00000001 folder on my sd

    Hi there iv followed the v4.2 softmod tutorial to the word, but im a bit confused when it come to the hermes ciso 222 installer part. Section d5 below:

    D5) You can now install ios202, ios222, ios223. From HBC, run cios222 installer and select ios249 to use. At the next screen, choose the following, one at each turn:
    -ios202, for usb - using ios38 (needed for USB2.0 support at Media Players)
    -ios222, for uloader - using ios38 (needed for USB support of instruments and stuff)
    -ios223 mainly for GH5 - using ios38 merged with 37 (same as above)

    I have done the above but on -ios223 mainly for GH5 - using ios38 merged with 37 part i got a error at the early part of the network install but it completed all its processes and said sucessful.

    I now have a folder on my sd card root 00000001 containing the following:

    000000025 / v3612
    000000026 / v3610

    I just want to make sure that this is correct and also do i need to keep these files or are they just dumped there for the setup.

    Thanks

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •