New and looking for info
Please go easy on me, take pity im new to wii and know nothing so sorry if i ask the question everyoner asks.
so im looking to get a wii soon, play some back up, so
1) i see the only way to play back ups is with a chip, What is the best chip? and where are good suppliers? ebay?
2) I hear the 'new' generation of wii were built differently so you couldnt actualy put a chip on the mobo, is there certian wii's i should stay away from?
3) how can you create backups? is it like 360 where you have to have a special drive with special FW?
4) Any other info you think a noob would find useful!
1) There couple great chips out there. Check modchipcentral.com, mod-chip.bz, techsick.net.
2) New generation as in D2C? You can still put mod chip in it. All current version of wii are modable.
3) To create a dump of Original Wii Disc you need specific LG Drives for your computer.
4) If you're not a pro solderer leave it to a pro or use wii clip.
Has Wii changed the drive recently? I bought a Wii frm Walmart last week and the D2Pro did not work. However, I have not check to see what version of board I have or which version of D2Pro chip. Thanks.
Edit: Modderman...^^^^^^^^^ see above... for all that don't know...it's considered very rude to do what "Just_browsing" did...
He Just Hijacked the thread... That is a NO, NO in all forums
no d2pro works on all versions to date
Last edited by ModderMan; 04-26-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Thanks for your reply, but im still confused?
1) what is the best chip? i hear the cyclo is the best and yet other disagree? im thinking of going for that but i want the best one, any advice?
2) I have no idea what a D2C is, and just to be sure, ALL wiis are moddable?
3) im good at soldering but i dont by any means consider my self a pro is it really that hard? ive solder quite allot of stuff but this is just a simple chip right?
As I see the D2Pro and the Argon chip by infectus are pretty hot new cheap right now. They're both updatable via jtag. D2Pro coming out with a simple 9 wires version(4 extra for region free) that might help you. D2C is the chip set in your wii that run your wii's dvd drive. it tells the wii what disc should be reading and what should not and the modchip override it. About soldering it can be consider hard but can be simple. It just simple IC circuit and wire soldering. Basically you're soldering 1 end of the wire ONE leg of the IC cheap, the other end on a point on the mod chip. An some on the wii board if you're going for region free if you're experienced in soldering electronic stuff this shouldn't be too challenging.
Ok ive been having words with some friends and they are telling me that only the fist generation of Wiis can be chipped, apparently where the chips are meant to be soldered have been covered in plastic and is near impossible to get off without bricking the console
is this true? are there ways around this? new chips or what?
Admin / Super Mod
Originally Posted by JadeFox
is this true?....NO..There is no covering of plastic or anything else on any gen of wii's.....lol,,,think your friends may be pulling your leg or confuse with the epoxy on the Xbox360.
The only wii's that are not moddable with just a Modchip are some of the very newly purchased ones..... those unmoddable wii's don't really pose a problem for most pro modders..
We just switch out the little dvd drive pcb and Presto...moddable.
Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin
good job thanks 4 telling me that