Guys, I have found a solution. You might not like it, but it works. Go to into the settings and do a Wii System Update. Click Accept after reading the scary message that comes up. After it updates, go through the steps to modify 4.2 in this guide again and your Homebrew Channel will be restored, and you'll be able to run all homebrew again! Woot!
I know the message that comes up about possibly rendering your console inoperable if it is modded is scary, but I did the update and I'm still standing. Whether or not my console is flagged as modded and could be bricked by Nintendo in the future, I don't know. I obviously won't be doing any more system updates and will be likely turning off WiFi entirely just to be safe.
But at least we have a solution that works. Let me know how it works for you.
i too did the exact thing and now im trying to get preloader to load a app to try and change that ios...i got dop ios or dop ios mod(cant remember which of the 2) to run but my controller disconnects so i ordered a gamecube controller on ebay to test it out...im also trying to figure out how i can replace that wad with cioscorp one i had originally
I got mine workin' earlier, too. Here's what I did:
- Booted up Priiloader and turned on disc updates
- Made sure the Internet was turned off
- Installed the update from NewSuperMarioBros Wii retail disc. Only took a few seconds(?)
- When it was done I was still at 4.1U! Homebrew and hackmii/bannerbomb now work!
- hackmii still won't install any Homebrew Channel/bootmii (There's no vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii).
- Backups won't load from disc channel/cIOScorp 3.5 broke. NeoGamma works though.
- Tried reinstalling cIOScorp 3.5. Still wouldn't work. Ran this cIOScorp 3.5 uninstaller and removed cIOScorp 3.5. I'll just stick with NeoGamma.
- After running the cIOScorp 3.5 uninstaller, I was able to run hackmii/bannerbomb and reinstall the Homebrew Channel. Updated it to the latest version and it's not upside down. Heh.
Everything seems to be working now except for loading backups from the Disc Channel, which I can live with. Not sure why NewSuperMarioBrosWii didn't update me to 4.2, but glad it didn't. Nice to still be at 4.1U.
Hope any of this helps. Been a long time lurker on wiihacks.com but never had a reason to post until this bug popped up. Yup.
3 Users Say Thank You to NakedBoB For This Useful Post
nice find!!! im still going to try booting something with preloader and use a gamecube controller since i already bought one on ebay but if that dont work then im renting that game to do this...
I think my issues may have come from a corrupted SD card. I picked up the cheapest 4GB (Polaroid) I could find when I purchased the Wii. Over the last couple of days I noticed that some of the homebrew apps disappeared from time to time and eventually WAD Manager couldn't read the SD card at all. I reformatted it a couple of times, and initially it works but after a while it starts getting all wonky again. Guess I need to go pick up a SanDisk SD card tomorrow.
Don't install not IOSes unless you know ya have a good SD card.
Last edited by NakedBoB; 12-01-2009 at 08:18 PM.
I too installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad and now can't even boot originals.
all i use is sandisk....so i think it was just that wad file...maybe it was a 4.2 or 3.x one and thats why it messed up...dont know but today or tomorrow im going to try and load a cioscorp one if i can
Originally Posted by NakedBoB
I installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad and now can't load any homebrew application. i can still enter homebrew channel. Everytime i load homebrew application, it gives me black screen and freeze. I try using bannerbomb exploit but it also load into black screen and freeze.
My wii is korean version modded to Us version 4.0u. Before this, all the homebrew is working perfectly. Anyone got solution to this problem? cause i can't use any homebrew and i don't have bootmii. Hovewer i got preloader 0.29 installed in the system. Thanks
For the simplest way to fix this, see the first post on the second page of this thread.
Originally Posted by fkinmeng
ok i got it...thanks to fkinmeng you can use bannerbomb to load dop ios mod
1. download dop ios mod
2. download bannerbomb
3. extract and put both on mem card...bannerbomb should be a folder named private and boot.dol from dop ios mod should be on the root of the mem card
4. run dop ios mod with bannerbomb(wii management, channels, sd card)
5. choose ios 249 to use then install NEW ios36(v3xxx) i believe you hit A
6. restart wii
7. get cioscorp uninstaller
8. put banner bomb on mem card and the folder with all the wads from cioscorp
9. put the files from apps main installer folder(cioscorp uninstaller still) on the root of the card(you should have boot.dol, icon, meta, private folder and corpv3.5M folder
8. run banner bomb (wii management, channels, sd card) and it should run the uninstaller
9. after that you should be able to run bootmii with bannerbomb still and install homebrew
so far worked for me...no need for mario bros game...pretty much you need cioscorp uninstaller like above to get everything running again
Last edited by stevenj05; 12-10-2009 at 10:05 PM.
2 Users Say Thank You to stevenj05 For This Useful Post
Tags for this Thread