Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Virgin Wii 3.0

  1. #1
    New Member retronerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Virgin Wii 3.0

    I just brought a second hand wii, and when i powered it up, it has wii system menu 3.0

    so my question is, what is the best Firmware, 4.1 or 4.2????

    If i update to 4.1 with Waninkoko_4.1, do i get all stuff from the previous updates or do i have to update to, 3.2 first?

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    4.2 was invented by the devil. I would personally recommend 4.1 Any update to 4.2 after softmodding will kill homebrew.

    And it wouldn't hurt to do a disc update to at least 3.1 because then you could use the guide by dogeggs in my signature to softmod and get yourself to 4.1.
    Last edited by junkmail; 11-26-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added info

  3. #3
    New Member retronerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    4.2 was invented by the devil. I would personally recommend 4.1 Any update to 4.2 after softmodding will kill homebrew.
    But you can install homebrew chanell and everything on 4.2 right?

    anyone know which game have the 4.1 update on it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Yes you can still softmod a 4.2 but downgrading from 4.2 is not recommended. If you get to at least 3.1 you can use the guide in my sig to softmod, and there is an optional step to use wanikoko's 4.1 updater.

    But if you were just curious...

    The system menu updates different discs have can be found here

  5. #5
    New Member retronerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    Yes you can still softmod a 4.2 but downgrading from 4.2 is not recommended. If you get to at least 3.1 you can use the guide in my sig to softmod, and there is an optional step to use wanikoko's 4.1 updater.

    But if you were just curious...

    The system menu updates different discs have can be found here
    How do i get the 4.1 update? its on New Super mario bros, bur i dont think i can run that game yet! any solution?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    In the 3.1-4.1 softmod guide in my signature the last couple steps of the guide tell you how to update to 4.1 using wanikoko's updater. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE GUIDE IN ORDER! The order in which you do this update, preloader, and installing ios60patched is VERY important.

    Since you're on 3.0 now, just find a disc and update from that before you softmod so you'll fall within the range of the guide. Good luck.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You junkmail For This Useful Post


  8. #7
    New Member retronerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    In the 3.1-4.1 softmod guide in my signature the last couple steps of the guide tell you how to update to 4.1 using wanikoko's updater. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE GUIDE IN ORDER! The order in which you do this update, preloader, and installing ios60patched is VERY important.

    Since you're on 3.0 now, just find a disc and update from that before you softmod so you'll fall within the range of the guide. Good luck.
    Okay! Thanks, but some people sad to me , dont use wanikoko's updater, it will brick your wii???

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    If you follow the steps in the guide to a T it will work great. I've used it on 10 different wiis. Wanikoko could very well be the most famous wii hacker there is and puts out quality stuff. The people who say that it bricks wiis more than likely failed to read and do the steps in order.

  10. #9
    New Member retronerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    If you follow the steps in the guide to a T it will work great. I've used it on 10 different wiis. Wanikoko could very well be the most famous wii hacker there is and puts out quality stuff. The people who say that it bricks wiis more than likely failed to read and do the steps in order.
    Thanks! On more question, why cant i update throw Nintendo to 4.2 and follow a 4.2 guide from there? Is it anything i will miss (Homebrew) if im on 4.2?

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    It is not recommended to go to 4.2 because the sole purpose of the 4.2 release was to KILL homebrew. Why would you even want to mess around with it? Also it's not recommended to downgrade from 4.2. You'll be fine with 4.1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •