Preloader 0.30 doesn't cold boot into HBC?, After setting up Preload 0.30, I always b
So, I'm running:
- Preloader 0.30r4 by phpgeek
- Preloader setup to boot into HBC and return to System Menu (since there is no option to set it to boot into HBC).
- hack.ini file installed and working correctly
- always boot into BootMii, although I set in preloader to boot into HBC
- in BootMii, when I try to boot into the System Menu (by selecting the big Wii icon, the first one on the left) I start the HBC
Anyone have any ideas?
I found this in the readme, but have no clue what it means:
You will need the IOS used to boot the system menu to be patched with ES_Verify. This version of
the installer does NOT currently patch your IOS for you so please use DOP IOS or Free The Bug!!!"
Rename your bootmii folder to something else like bootmii1. Or if you already back it up on your pc you can delete bootmii folder. Bootmii installed as boot2 will always load up before preloader that is why it is better to have bootmii as boot2 .
Originally Posted by irock
So I don't need BootMii anymore? I have it installed as boot2.
Originally Posted by dr34m3r
I only need it if I brick the machine, in which case I could restore the bootmii folder on the SD card and boot into BootMii to restore. Is that correct?
I wish there were some kind of wii mote support in BootMii though....
I'm very new to this, and therefore appreciate your help very much!!!
Last edited by irock; 10-17-2009 at 12:32 PM.
yes, if you remove the bootmii stuff from the card, you can simply put it back on when/if you brick, or need access to Bootmii.
Can preloader 0.30 on wii 4.1u load homebrew channel 1.0.6?
Because my wii 4.1u with preloader 0.29 couldn't load homebrew channel 1.0.6