Shocked by a soldering iron?
So last night i ourchased a soldering iron because i wanted to solder in LED's on my wiimote. but before i tear into my helpless wiimotes i figured it would be a good idea to practice on something else first. last night i soldered some LED"S and other stuff no problem (other then im terrible at soldering) but tonight, when i went to tin the tip i saw a very small spark go between the solder and the iron. it happened several times. is this normal? i hate being shocked!
Last edited by Just Wanna Be Famous; 01-11-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Thats probably not good...
You did take the batteries out right?
Other than that, I dont know
Its possible the wii mote is holding a bit of juice even without the batteries, to save the wii-motes internal memory (you can save stuff to your wii mote)
Anything happen since then?
Wii-mote still work?
Did you finish the soldering?
(why are you putting leds in anyways? for looks?)
he just went to tin the tip of the iron, he did not even get to his wiimote yet. i would get a new soldering iron.