Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: USB device not found in USB Loader GX??

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    USB device not found in USB Loader GX??

    I've installed cios_rev 10 on my Wii (4.0E), when I open up USB Loader GX in the Homebrew channel it says "USB Device Not Found".

    I'm using a 160GB Iomega external HDD

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,648
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,892 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Is your hard drive formatted to WBFS and is the partiton set to primary and active?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    Is your hard drive formatted to WBFS and is the partiton set to primary and active?
    I formatted it with WBFS manager, I'm not sure how to set the partition to primary and active though. would you be willing to help me?

  4. #4
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,648
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,892 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Do you have the hard drive partitioned?
    Also take a look at the capatiblitity:
    USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    If you have it partitioned, tell me what operating system you are using.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    Do you have the hard drive partitioned?
    Also take a look at the capatiblitity:
    USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    If you have it partitioned, tell me what operating system you are using.
    It doesn't appear on the compatibility list, this is the HDD I'm using here

    I'm using also using Windows XP and Mac OSX 10.6

  6. #6
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,648
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,892 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    You may have to reformat your WBFS to NTFS, in Control Panel, you should see Administrative Tools or Computer Management, if you see Administrative Tools, Select it then computer management then storage then Disk Management. Right click the partition and select mark partition as active and make sure the status of the partition is active.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too have a Iomega external HDD (320GB version). I had the same problem as you. It kept stating "USB Device Not Found". I know this sounds stupid but have to tried plugging the external hard drive in the left and right USB ports on the WII and seeing it works. My external hard drive came with a USB lead with two connectors on one end and i found by swapping on the USB ports on the back of the WII it started working OK.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by interceptor01 View Post
    I too have a Iomega external HDD (320GB version). I had the same problem as you. It kept stating "USB Device Not Found". I know this sounds stupid but have to tried plugging the external hard drive in the left and right USB ports on the WII and seeing it works. My external hard drive came with a USB lead with two connectors on one end and i found by swapping on the USB ports on the back of the WII it started working OK.

    U HAVE TO FIRST BUT HARD DRIVE POWER ON,AND THEN WII POWER.
    then usb loader find hard drive.
    I HATE IOMEGA HARD DRIVES 3 OF THEM HAVE CRASH!!!ON WII..
    sorry my bad english..
    ps.iomega hard drivers works on wii..u have to but power on before wii,if u dont it crash your hard drive!!!
    Last edited by hesus; 09-07-2009 at 08:13 AM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member MajesticMix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, Bournemouth
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Have you tried both USB ports on the Wii? Sounds silly, but my USB device (an 8GB usb flash stick) wasnt 'recognised' until it was swapped into the other USB port!

    Good luck

  10. 1 User Says Thank You MajesticMix For This Useful Post


  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats what the problem was, I has to put it in the port next to the USB symbol! Thanks alot both of you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •