Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 4.1E problem

  1. #1
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    4.1E problem

    I installed homebrewq on a 3.4E wii and installed the usual stuff like preloader, cioscorp, backup launcher. Everything worked ok. I updated the fw to 4.1E, I still had everything on but for some reason, I cannot get back ups to work from the disc channel. I have tried reinstalling cioscorp but it still the same, back ups arent recognised. Anyone else had this problem and got round it? I can get them to work through backup launcher. Is it possible to downgrade it back to 3.4E safetly and without screwing the machine up completely?? Thank in advance guys

  2. #2
    New Member RGJR77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wiiville
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 98 Times in 78 Posts
    A couple of questions what guide did you use? did you update with the firmware updater or officially from nintendo ? I just upgraded from 3.2u to 4.1 with this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...e-17-09-a.html

  3. #3
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RGJR77 View Post
    A couple of questions what guide did you use? did you update with the firmware updater or officially from nintendo ? I just upgraded from 3.2u to 4.1 with this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...e-17-09-a.html
    I used dogeggs New 3.1-3.4 Downgrade-Preloader-Gamma pack and tutorial. I then installed custom rev 14 then updated via nintendo to 4.1e. If I can get the disc channel to load back ups then I might leave it as it is. if not then I will try and downgrade it. Its not my wii, so I can ill afford a brick so I need to be careful

  4. #4
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    I used dogeggs New 3.1-3.4 Downgrade-Preloader-Gamma pack and tutorial. I then installed custom rev 14 then updated via nintendo to 4.1e. If I can get the disc channel to load back ups then I might leave it as it is. if not then I will try and downgrade it. Its not my wii, so I can ill afford a brick so I need to be careful
    Why did you install CIOSCORP?

    Why did you go from 3.2 to 4.1 if every thing was working ok.

    You could use the ios downgrader than the firmware downgrader just make sure that you keep the same region ie: 4.1E to 3.2E etc.

    I would install bootmii and backup Nand before I do anything, that way you can recover from brick.

    In the tutorial section there are various tutorials, I would start with the sticky up the top section FAQ cIOS/IOS.

    I use 3.2E Preloader, Bootmii , 38 R14, GX loader Rev 633, and I have not found anything that wont work so far.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  5. #5
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    Why did you install CIOSCORP?

    Why did you go from 3.2 to 4.1 if every thing was working ok.

    You could use the ios downgrader than the firmware downgrader just make sure that you keep the same region ie: 4.1E to 3.2E etc.

    I would install bootmii and backup Nand before I do anything, that way you can recover from brick.

    In the tutorial section there are various tutorials, I would start with the sticky up the top section FAQ cIOS/IOS.

    I use 3.2E Preloader, Bootmii , 38 R14, GX loader Rev 633, and I have not found anything that wont work so far.
    Ive downgraded to 3.2E and have made it a virgin 3.2E. Can you point me in the right direction of what I need? Cheers mate

  6. #6
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,659
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,896 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47

  7. #7
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Ive downgraded to 3.2E and have made it a virgin 3.2E. Can you point me in the right direction of what I need? Cheers mate
    This will give you all you need and full instructions, I have just updated it as well.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ies-4-1-a.html

    After your up and running including GX loader which is attached, you might like to install Preloader 0.29, and Bootmii and back up your Nand in case of brick.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  8. #8
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    This will give you all you need and full instructions, I have just updated it as well.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ies-4-1-a.html

    After your up and running including GX loader which is attached, you might like to install Preloader 0.29, and Bootmii and back up your Nand in case of brick.
    Im still having trouble with the new games. I just cant get them to load up.

  9. #9
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Im still having trouble with the new games. I just cant get them to load up.
    Is that loading from disc or from hard drive, this will cover both;
    1. Make sure menu is unlocked;
    2. Go into settings;
    3. Click 002 fix with A button of remote, on/off/anti;
    4. Anti is the one you want.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  10. #10
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    Is that loading from disc or from hard drive, this will cover both;
    1. Make sure menu is unlocked;
    2. Go into settings;
    3. Click 002 fix with A button of remote, on/off/anti;
    4. Anti is the one you want.
    Through the disc channel. I'll try that Cressida, thanks mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •