Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Preloader or Bootmi

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer1 View Post
    now do I install bootmii as an IOS. I already have IOS 249 thanks to Cios installer. Do I install as boot2 or as an IOS. Thanks again.

    EDIT: I install it as boot 2, it takes a bit longer to boot up and the drive light flickers...I am guessing that's normal.I don't see the bootmii menu though. Any thoughts?
    I have Bootmii installed as Boot2, if I leave the SD card in the Wii boots to Bootmii screen. I backed up the Bootmii stuff and the Nand to the PC, just in case and got another SD card for the homebrew stuff. So to answer your question you should see the Bootmii screen if you still have the SD card in that you used to install it as Boot2, also don't forget to backup your NAND with Bootmii.

  2. #12
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    As part of the install process bootmii will have created a folder on your SD card called 'bootmii' with a few files inside ppcboot.elf, armboot.bin and bootmii.ini. If it didn't then perhaps you chose not to format a SD card in the process. It is these files that cause the bootmii menu to load on startup.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  3. #13
    New Member BrownLLamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer1 View Post
    Ha ha, well I am as poor as a joke right now (economy in Michigan = FAIL) so I can' afford two wiis.
    I'm in Fl, our economy is right behind you guys! I'm about 48 hrs away from becoming a "Working Boy", no point in having a Wii without electricity, gotta keep the bills paid, hahaha.
    MK WFC ID: 4468 9216 9667.... Let's play!

  4. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    @Hawker and Tealc99:
    well since the menu doesn't load then I guess the card I am using doesn't work with Bootmii? I have a 8 gb Crucial SD card. it has all my homebrew proggy's on it. I do have a 512 MB sandisk I can use, should I copy the "Boomii" files that in are in the directory of my 8 gb to my 512 mb? (since sandisk is more then likely to work) Any guidance in what to do is welcomed.

    @BrownLlamma:
    Oh yay! Gotta love how the economy keeps faultering. I didn't think FL was in bad shape because of all the tourist attractions and white beaches that are around there. keeping the bills paid is a chore today but hopefully we'll manage!

  5. #15
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer1 View Post
    @Hawker and Tealc99:
    well since the menu doesn't load then I guess the card I am using doesn't work with Bootmii? I have a 8 gb Crucial SD card. it has all my homebrew proggy's on it. I do have a 512 MB sandisk I can use, should I copy the "Boomii" files that in are in the directory of my 8 gb to my 512 mb? (since sandisk is more then likely to work) Any guidance in what to do is welcomed.

    @BrownLlamma:
    Oh yay! Gotta love how the economy keeps faultering. I didn't think FL was in bad shape because of all the tourist attractions and white beaches that are around there. keeping the bills paid is a chore today but hopefully we'll manage!
    Did you definately install Bootmii as Boot 2 it is very particular about SD cards (It likes Sandisk etc not generic), not IOS if it installed as IOS you can push home button after starting HB channel and it gives option to start Bootmii.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    Did you definately install Bootmii as Boot 2 it is very particular about SD cards (It likes Sandisk etc not generic), not IOS if it installed as IOS you can push home button after starting HB channel and it gives option to start Bootmii.
    Yes I did, I downloaded it from the website and it installed "successfully" Bootmii's menu didn't load after reboot though. I am guessing it *IS* the SD card then, Should I copy the contents of the "Bootmii" folder on the crucial SD card to my Sandisk then? Let me know,please?

  7. #17
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer1 View Post
    Yes I did, I downloaded it from the website and it installed "successfully" Bootmii's menu didn't load after reboot though. I am guessing it *IS* the SD card then, Should I copy the contents of the "Bootmii" folder on the crucial SD card to my Sandisk then? Let me know,please?
    You could do that, or launch hackmii again and use prep SD Menu that will copy programs to sd again.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  8. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    You could do that, or launch hackmii again and use prep SD Menu that will copy programs to sd again.
    I am guessing since it's already installed on my system I don't need to install Bootmii again, am I correct on that?

    EDIT: Good News: My SD card READS Bootmii and loads the menu
    Bad News - The SD card needs 633 MB to back up NAND so I'll need to purchase yet another SD card.
    Last edited by stupidgamer1; 07-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.

  9. #19
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer1 View Post
    I am guessing since it's already installed on my system I don't need to install Bootmii again, am I correct on that?

    EDIT: Good News: My SD card READS Bootmii and loads the menu
    Bad News - The SD card needs 633 MB to back up NAND so I'll need to purchase yet another SD card.
    Yes! I would go for a 2GB they are cheap, Sandisk I find work best.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •