Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: BootMii? Should i have it?

  1. #1
    Junior Member xCaptainCanadax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    BootMii? Should i have it?

    Im currently on 3.2 and my wii is running great for any backups i play. I have starfall on it. But was wondering if i need or should put BootMii on it? also would i need a gamecube controller for it to work?

  2. #2
    Junior Member idget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xCaptainCanadax View Post
    Im currently on 3.2 and my wii is running great for any backups i play. I have starfall on it. But was wondering if i need or should put BootMii on it? also would i need a gamecube controller for it to work?
    Boot mii is defiantly required as in the case that your wii gets bricked you can use this to fix the problem by running the Homebrew Channel. Bootmii is arguably the best method of this available. You don't need a gamecube controller as you cycle through the menu with the power button and use the reset button to select your option.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You idget For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member xCaptainCanadax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah ive been reading up on it, my wii when i got it was 3.1 so id be able to do the boot 2 method. Also you can set it up so the wii just boots to system menu still all the time like normal right? then when i need bootmii i can get it?

  5. #4
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xCaptainCanadax View Post
    Im currently on 3.2 and my wii is running great for any backups i play. I have starfall on it. But was wondering if i need or should put BootMii on it? also would i need a gamecube controller for it to work?
    1. Bootmii works differently to Starfall,
    2. I would use Preloader 0.29 instead of starfall, later version by same person, more options,
    3. Preloader will allow you to boot to HB channel, the beauty of Bootmii is that its main purpose is to makea copy of your Nand, so that if it gets bricked you can just reload your saved nand and your Wii is restored to when the backup was taken.
    4. Read tutorial section and you will find every thing that you require.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Cressida For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    Junior Member xCaptainCanadax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah i have read through alot of the tutorials page but cant seem to find one on installing bootmii beta 2. Though reading up on it on their site and others it seems pretty straight forward. What i want is to install it then back up my NAND then have my wii boot up to system menu as normal but have the option of bootmii later.

    EDIT: Seems pretty easy to get bootmii on there so i think ill give it a go tomorrow. Im not gonna use Preloader just yet though, just gonna leave starfall on, i dont do anything crazy on my wii just want bootmii for that extra protection
    Last edited by xCaptainCanadax; 07-24-2009 at 08:36 PM.

  8. #6
    Junior Member idget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Installing Bootmii as boot 2 is easy (this is for using bannerbomb)
    I find that this site is not the best for explaining bootmii with bannerbomb so search it on wiibrew. Sorry if i hurt anyones feelings...

  9. #7
    Junior Member xCaptainCanadax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i can just put bootmii in the apps and install it through HBC cant i?

  10. #8
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xCaptainCanadax View Post
    Yeah i have read through alot of the tutorials page but cant seem to find one on installing bootmii beta 2. Though reading up on it on their site and others it seems pretty straight forward. What i want is to install it then back up my NAND then have my wii boot up to system menu as normal but have the option of bootmii later.

    EDIT: Seems pretty easy to get bootmii on there so i think ill give it a go tomorrow. Im not gonna use Preloader just yet though, just gonna leave starfall on, i dont do anything crazy on my wii just want bootmii for that extra protection
    This is easiest way, if you have wii connected to internet do the following:
    1. Put SD card of 1GB or bigger in slot preferably formatted and not Generic;
    2. Go to HB channel, press start and it will ask if you would like to update, select yes;
    3. When Screen comes up (Hackmii) it asks 3 things Install/Uninstall HB/DVDX/Bootmii;
    4. You need latest version of HB to see Bootmii button, when you press Home button on HB;
    5. DVDX optional
    6. Install Bootmii, it will tell you if you can have Boot 2, or IOS install;
    7. Follow prompts to prep SD card;
    8. When first use make sure you backup Nand, it will take up to 10 minutes, and will show bad blocks, thats okay.

    There you go.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  11. 2 Users Say Thank You to Cressida For This Useful Post


  12. #9
    Junior Member xCaptainCanadax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    This is easiest way, if you have wii connected to internet do the following:
    1. Put SD card of 1GB or bigger in slot preferably formatted and not Generic;
    2. Go to HB channel, press start and it will ask if you would like to update, select yes;
    3. When Screen comes up (Hackmii) it asks 3 things Install/Uninstall HB/DVDX/Bootmii;
    4. You need latest version of HB to see Bootmii button, when you press Home button on HB;
    5. DVDX optional
    6. Install Bootmii, it will tell you if you can have Boot 2, or IOS install;
    7. Follow prompts to prep SD card;
    8. When first use make sure you backup Nand, it will take up to 10 minutes, and will show bad blocks, thats okay.

    There you go.
    This sounds very helpful. so once i back up the nand do i just put that SD card somewhere for when i need bootmii? and i can put in my other sd card and resume running my wii as i am now

  13. #10
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    When you have backup of Nand, you can copy that to a folder on PC for safe keeping, and reuse SD.
    Me personally because SD are so cheap, I will keep my 2GB sandisk that the programs and Nand are on in my safe.

    As I am currently recovering 5 years of data off a RAID 5 system that was always supposed to be easy to recover (WRONG).
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •