Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: downgrade from 4.1 to 3.2

  1. #21
    New Member bazross1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
    Coz Im a NOB and that is NOB not noob i could not get the 4.1 to install HB but thanks to the guys on this site i have done it now in paticular Dogeggs was instumental in sorting out this problem i had Im not going to tell you what i was doing wrong coz you would ban me from the site its that stoopid anyhow big thanks guys Oh dont need to downgrade guys 4.1 YEAH
    Regards Baz

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by gica View Post
    Hey WII doggy do you have a good tutorial for the hack with 4.1u I tried 2 different ones,but I just cannot play the DVD burned games.One is the hack your wii in 7 minutes from utube and the other is also utube
    watch?v=NcTBLau2yTM.Let me knoe if you could fill in some details.Homebrew always works but I haven't beed able to get any game to load,stuff that a friend run off 3.3u version.Thanks to anybody that contributes.
    Youtube isn't exactly the place to learn how to hack your Wii. Sure you can get the tools to do it, but do you know what you are doing??? What you should be doing is read up on the forums here for a few days, just to learn what not to do to your Wii. Gain a little knowledge, it may keep you from bricking your Wii.

  3. #23
    New Member spartan1195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm still a bit confused with all this downgrading/upgrading firmware malarky
    When I installed HBC i downgraded (apparently) to 3.2 but my Wii says i'm still 4.0E !! does this mean I re-upgraded back to ver 4.0 ?!? dunno all very confusing.

  4. #24
    Member wiidoggii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dog House
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 197 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan1195 View Post
    I'm still a bit confused with all this downgrading/upgrading firmware malarky
    When I installed HBC i downgraded (apparently) to 3.2 but my Wii says i'm still 4.0E !! does this mean I re-upgraded back to ver 4.0 ?!? dunno all very confusing.
    Is everything working good?
    If it is then leave it alone before you brick your Wii.
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.


    Don't forget the thanks button...

  5. 1 User Says Thank You wiidoggii For This Useful Post


  6. #25
    New Member spartan1195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiidoggii View Post
    Is everything working good?
    If it is then leave it alone before you brick your Wii.
    never a wiser word said
    if it aint broke..dont fix it LOL

  7. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @rich
    and maybe, if what Tealc99 doesnt work, delete all your pirated VC/WiiWare games, that did it for me

  8. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm new to wiimodding and trying to read through the forums. I got a modded wii at 3.2u from a friend. I see in some threads such as this one suggesting that 3.2 is the most homebrew friendsly and in other places saying it doesn't matter anymore. Can anyone explain why 3.2 is supposedly the best?

  9. #28
    New Member hackernerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 433 Times in 8 Posts
    3.2 USED to be the most homebrew friendly, but as more developers ported their apps to 4.0/4.1, there is not need to downgrade anymore.

  10. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    I try to downgrade my friend wii but with no success cause his wii is already updated to 4.1U.

    running bannerbomb to install the homebrew with success
    install CMDVDX35 with success
    install the IOS35-64 wad with success
    then once I try cIOSrev14 or cios fix or any other files, I get the ret errors.

    this does not happen if the wii is at 4.0 or less. Anyoned successfully install cios249 on a 4.1 wii ?

  11. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zomby22 View Post
    I try to downgrade my friend wii but with no success cause his wii is already updated to 4.1U.

    running bannerbomb to install the homebrew with success
    install CMDVDX35 with success
    install the IOS35-64 wad with success
    then once I try cIOSrev14 or cios fix or any other files, I get the ret errors.

    this does not happen if the wii is at 4.0 or less. Anyoned successfully install cios249 on a 4.1 wii ?
    I'm having the same problem with my wii. you get a ret = 1 error when trying to install cIOSrev14 on a 4.1 wii.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •