Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Waninkoko released hacked Firmware 4.1 update

  1. #1
    New Member cybercrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monticello, IL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    Thumbs up Waninkoko released hacked Firmware 4.1 update

    The famed Waninkoko has released his hacked Wii Firmware 4.1 today. Hopefully this will put some of the new fears to rest before the release of Wii Sports Resort in the USA. The new IOS is available for immediate download. You can do a simple search for it.

    A rough translation of the readme is below. Forgive my Spanish skills:


    -------------
    FIRMWARE UPDATER 4.1
    07/17/2009 by (Waninkoko)

    Description:

    This application allows you to update the firmware of your console by installing *only* the important updates (i.e., IOS of the system, System Menu, new channels, etc…)

    This update maintains the Trucha bug that affects the previous versions of IOS.

    ------------

  2. 2 Users Say Thank You to cybercrud For This Useful Post


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 139 Times in 104 Posts

  4. #3
    New Member wiiminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cybercrud View Post
    The famed Waninkoko has released his hacked Wii Firmware 4.1 today. Hopefully this will put some of the new fears to rest before the release of Wii Sports Resort in the USA. The new IOS is available for immediate download. You can do a simple search for it.

    A rough translation of the readme is below. Forgive my Spanish skills:


    -------------
    FIRMWARE UPDATER 4.1
    07/17/2009 by (Waninkoko)

    Description:

    This application allows you to update the firmware of your console by installing *only* the important updates (i.e., IOS of the system, System Menu, new channels, etc…)

    This update maintains the Trucha bug that affects the previous versions of IOS.

    ------------

    Why make another post of this update..this is like the third one....your about 24 hours too late on this post....you should read the posts in Forums before posting old news....

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks.!!!! but i put at apps folder on sd and cant load it from homebrew channel.
    Last edited by kunelaki19; 07-20-2009 at 07:23 AM.

  6. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    you have to create a new folder named firmwareupdater and rename the dol to boot.dol

  7. 1 User Says Thank You Mike Shinoda For This Useful Post


  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Shinoda View Post
    you have to create a new folder named firmwareupdater and rename the dol to boot.dol
    this folder had to be in the apps folder or a new folder on the root dir of sd. ??
    I am getting an error (I put the update in the apps folder) -1036 this happens towards the end of update when it says "pulling title cover"
    Appreciate help in this
    Last edited by sjilani; 08-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by sjilani View Post
    this folder had to be in the apps folder or a new folder on the root dir of sd. ??
    I am getting an error (I put the update in the apps folder) -1036 this happens towards the end of update when it says "pulling title cover"
    Appreciate help in this
    I also get error 1036 during the firmware update process, just as it tries to load the system menu 4.1u towards the end.
    the file is in the firwmware updater 4.1 folder within the apps folder.

    i appear to be stuck at this point and unable to complete the update
    to 4.1. Help...

  10. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am also getting error 1036 during the firmware update process, Installing "system menu 4.1E" installing title.
    Not sure what to do now, Please help

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only me again guys, After further searching found the error code guide, http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tion-here.html
    & the wonderful dogeggs has put a tutorial on how to get to 4.1, with the error code 1036. we're missing the ios60 patch.
    Mines now upto 4.1 with thanks again to dogeggs
    Cheers
    LeeBert

  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im just getting a blank black screen. -_- *sigh* ...the complications

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •