Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Suppose I soft-mod my new wii. Will I be able to play Super Smash Bros. MELEE (GC)?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Suppose I soft-mod my new wii. Will I be able to play Super Smash Bros. MELEE (GC)?

    By burning the iso.

    Or putting it on my USB.

    Will I be able to play Melee at FULL SPEED? Does Melee ISO work on Wii? Thanks.

  2. #2
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  3. 1 User Says Thank You jonathanb9595 For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    By burning the iso.

    Or putting it on my USB.

    Will I be able to play Melee at FULL SPEED? Does Melee ISO work on Wii? Thanks.
    Things you will need to play Game Cube backups on new Wii:

    1. a soft mod Wii ( make sure to use the right tutorial that applies to your system menu)
    2. custom mIOS rev3 installer, found here
    3. and this too, RVL-mIOS-v8.wad, this is used for offline install of the mIOS
    4. a game cube controler

    The mIOS installer will go in the apps folder on your SD card and the RVL-mIOS-v8.wad will go on the root of your SD card. If you get your Wii soft modded then you will know how this stuff gets used. The back up launcher that you install (backup Launcher Gamma 03 or NeoGamma) should load your Game Cube backup. If it don't, you will need a Game Cube Backup Launcher, get it here.

    EDIT - No support for Game Cube games on USB or SD yet
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 06-07-2009 at 12:00 AM.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Things you will need to play Game Cube backups on new Wii:

    1. a soft mod Wii ( make sure to use the right tutorial that applies to your system menu)
    2. custom mIOS rev3 installer, found here
    3. and this too, RVL-mIOS-v8.wad, this is used for offline install of the mIOS
    4. a game cube controler

    The mIOS installer will go in the apps folder on your SD card and the RVL-mIOS-v8.wad will go on the root of your SD card. If you get your Wii soft modded then you will know how this stuff gets used. The back up launcher that you install (backup Launcher Gamma 03 or NeoGamma) should load your Game Cube backup. If it don't, you will need a Game Cube Backup Launcher, get it here.

    EDIT - No support for Game Cube games on USB or SD yet
    what does that mean? does it mean i can only play GC games VIA DVD-R?

  7. #5
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 883 Times in 404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    EDIT - No support for Game Cube games on USB or SD yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    what does that mean? does it mean i can only play GC games VIA DVD-R?

    Did you read his very last bit? No support on USB or SD yet...

    Just use a disc.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You trekster For This Useful Post


  9. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    Did you read his very last bit? No support on USB or SD yet...

    Just use a disc.
    By disc do you mean the original GC disc or a burned copy. thanks...

  10. #7
    New Member at90s2313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
    One would assume it would be copies since you can already play original GC games without modding......

  11. #8
    Banned Banned Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts
    thats sort of obvious.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •