this is what i used and everthing went great, but the problem is when they tryedto update and then unplug... is there a way i could install the factory softare back to the wii and start over?
Team SoftMii Presents
-- SoftMii v2.1 --
#SoftMii – Efnet
- Custom System Menus available at SoftMii.org
- Custom Health Screen-
- Customizable Via Theme Packs using SoftMii Tweak
-Full Disc Channel Region Free Back-up Loading
- GameCube Backups Via Disc Channel
-Diagnostic Menu (Recovery) access through GCport1 Y-Button
-No Copy Save Protections Removed
-Retail Discs run 6x, Backups run 3x
-Auto boot ANY Disc Through Recovery Menu
-Skip Disc Updates
-No Error 002 in new games like NFS Undercover
-No Annoying Menu BGM
-Pre loader 0.28 Installation
- Regular cIOS for those who have patched discs to 249
- Move your Disc Channel anywhere
- Home Brew Channel 1.01
- Region Free Channels
- Supports any Firmware from 3.1 to 3.4
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT .APP FOR YOUR REGION. 00000045.APP SHOULD BE USED ON PAL, 00000042.APP NEED TO BE USED ON NTSC.
VIRGIN SYSTEM VERSION= FULL GUIDE
HOMEBREW CHANNEL INSTALLED = PHASE 2 ONWARDS
3.2 STARFALL/cIOSCORP/Riiski/SoftMii = PHASE 3 ONWARDS
� PAL or NTSC-U Wii [No Others Have Been Tested]
� SD Card (of at least 512MB) [formatted to FAT]
� The SoftMii Pack, unpacked to your SD card ROOT
� Twilight Princess Retail
� Internet Connection For Wii (For Full Set up)
PHASE 1 - This part is the Twilight hack and HBC installation. (Thx 2 Team Twiizers.)
1) First of all you need to indentify your system menu version. This can be foud by going to Wii Settings and be we displayed across the top of the screen. 3.1-3-3 use the Twilight Hack -3.3.zip and extract it to the root of your SD card where it will create a folder called private, containing the Save Hack, 3.4 users need to extract the TwiligHack 3.4.zip instead. you should now have a the correct Save Hack on the SD-Card.
Please also RENAME the HACKSPAL or HACKSNTSC file depending on your region to HACKS.INI and place on the ROOT of SD.
2) If you have never played Zelda you need to play it once and create a save file, or you cant copy Twilight. If you want to keep your save file, you must back up your save to SD card and transfer it to the computer before attempting SoftMii installation. Twilight Hack overwrites the save stored on the SD card, so be careful.
3) Once u restart, remove your Zelda save and copy over Save Hack for your region from SD to the System. They Will Be Indentified On There Icon's. for info visit http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Ha
4) Start Zelda regularly, load the Twilight Hack save, walk backward.
5) HBC1.01 installer will begin, answer yes to everything. Your system will restart will homebrew channel installed.
6) Start the Home-brew Channel, and load "#1 Wad Manager" you find will find in the list of programs.
7) Select “Load From SD”, and then select “IOS16.wad” and press (+) to install
8) Press the "Home" button when it finishes.
9) Go into Home Brew Channel Once More And Run "#9 WadManager IOS16"
10) Select "Load From SD" once more and this time install "cIOSrev7.wad"
PHASE 2 – This Will Downgrade Us
11) Return to Homebrew Channel and run “IOS Downgrader”, if some things fail, run it once more. Ask for help if need-be. ( #SoftMii on EFnet)
Your Wii IOS's are now proper and hackable, Regardless will still need the special 3.2, So lets do the following steps after you make sure you have a net connection.
12) Run HBC (HomeBrew Channel) Now select SoftMii Nand Browser and Load the app. Once loaded please
navigate to the following directory: TITLE/00000001/00000002/ Now press up on the dpad 3 times and then press A. - Now you need to select your original system menu app file. If you are NTSC , the file is 00000042.APP or if you are PAL, the file is 00000045.APP. Press the + button once you highlight your regions app and it will then be copied to the SD card. Press HOME to ext the app once file written to SD msg appears. NOTE : This is your backup to restore your system menu back to normal using
13) Select and load #3 AnyRegionChanger 1.1 M5....it'll mention about Korean Discs, IGNORE.(Thx 2 Twiizers + Qleap)
14) Get into the options (Press A), and IGNORE the top section which has region change stuff and EULA stuff.
15) Look at the mid-bottom options, about installing 3.2 (or 3.3K), and leave it on 3.2E for PAL /3.2U for NTSC
16) Click "GO" and then answer then answer YES when it asks if you are sure.
17) Answer "NO" when it asks about Korean Disc Loading *explained later*
18) Answer "YES" when it asks you to install SPECIAL STARFALL TYPE-HACKS.
Wait for finish, can take a few minutes. Then press HOME when finished to reboo
PHASE 3 – OK We should now have a nice 3.2 system installation. Now we can really get going*
IF YOUR HAVE PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED PRELOADER
YOU WILL NEED TO RUN THE HACKS REMOVER FOUND IN THE HOMEBREWCHANNEL.
18b) If you previously had Preloader installed run #7 Hack Remover. It will remove your old hack.ini.
19) OK now select #4 Pre Loader from the HomeBrew Channel. Read the warning and press 1 to install.
IF YOUR SYSTEM DOESNT REBOOT INTO PRELOADER, SIMPLY POWER DOWN AND POWER UP ONCE MORE, BUT AS SOON AS YOU POWER UP, PRESS AND HOLD RESET
21) Select “System hacks” ->
22) Enable all the hacks you would like, (recommended - Skip Updates, Move Disc Channel and all No Copy)
23) Select "save settings" and wait for confirmation message to display “Settings Saved”
24) Press B, and enter Settings
25) Set "auto boot: System" (using the D-Pad Arrows), and save settings with A, then Press B
26) Get back to the system menu. By selecting “Load System Menu”
27) Run HBC
28) Run #5 CIOSCORP Installer. It may freeze briefly. (CORP Thx 2 WiiBlaster + Co...Installer from Me + Ice Fire.)
29) Exit and reboot.
30). Launch #6 SoftMii Tweak Toy, select the custom menu u would like *REMEMBER 42.app forNTSC, 45.app for PAL (this is totally optional and will change the look of your wii, these themes are available from SoftMii.org and need to be placed in the SoftMii folder on the SD card.)
31) When the installation is complete press Home to return to the Homebrew Channel then Power Down
YOU JUST GOT SOFTMII'D
Please remember to donate to Softmii2@googlemail.com from you paypal account to help make SoftMii even better!!!
OPTIONAL GAMECUBE LOADING
Thanks to WiiGator for finally pwn'n this.
1. Goto the HomeBrew Channel, and load "cMIOS Installer"
2. Select Network Installation
The SoftMii Team is commited to bringing you the most current and up to date backup solutions available and will be bringing you full 3.4 system support and a full SoftMii offline installtion method in the near future.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FULLY READ THIS GUIDE.
THANKS AND SHOUTS TO THE FOLLOWING
Our fantasic and very patien web design team * Stealthii - m4Aark - Kyros *
Qleap, Crediar, Waninkoko, Wiigator, Team Twiizers, WiiBlaster, NoobWarrior07, linkinworm, WiiCrazy, Wiisel, icefire, ArmTheHomeless, IronMask, DJtaz, Ether, DJdynamite, WiiPower, BIGMOE, Emperor Of Canada, Alejandroues, Neorame, Forsaekn, and basically the hole god damn